Eddy Merckx Strada O.S

boggy

Retro Guru
Finally got the Merckx frame built up. Wanted a midnight powder coat but painter decided on aquamarine blue without asking me!! Still, it still works.

With a mix of Campagnolo and dura ace. Spent bucks on NOS Merckx saddle and 15 quid in panto bar tape. Got some decals made and and didn't quite get the eddy logo and Italy, France maps quite aligned properly but I may move it just before I lacquer the decals.

9 speed Campy chorus shifters, mirage Chainset, wheels, front and rear mechs, with dura ace headset and 7402 calipers. The brakes have been my fav for a while so, as this will be my workhorse commuter, I decided on performance rather than aesthetics for stopping.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38393968@N05/8458280289/

Attachments

• merckx2.jpg
    merckx2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,309
  • merckx3.jpg
    merckx3.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,307
  • merckx4.jpg
    merckx4.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,309
  • merckx1.jpg
    merckx1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,310
Thanks for the kind words. This is meant to be my any weather training and commute bike but with the current non stop rain here I haven't the heart to take it out yet!! Also want to lacquer over the decals first before risking it loosening in the rain. Will clear nail varnish be sufficient protection?

lightbox

Lovely looking machine, not usually a fan of yellow tape etc but somehow I like that. Definitely a posh commuter! :cool:

i must get my hands on one of these. they reckon merckx and lemond favour'd longer top tubes.im sure
the build quality made them good anyway.

Back