How To Catch A Fly? (Tipper)

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
We have had a few random objects dumped up our track. You know when you recycle a sofa, often there are coins, notes and such down inside. I always cut them open to check. I am hoping this one has something incriminating in it!

I am looking at setting up a wi-fi repeater and a cctv cam, with motion detect. I really want to get these bees!

What would you do?

Attachments

• P2090236a.jpg
    P2090236a.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 434
If their not to far away bump it in their front garden with a note attached "If I see this item dumped anywhere it shouldn't be then you details will be given to the police AND posted on the Internet" with photos of their house and address (name & shame) :evil:

I have to catch them first, if there is nothing identifying them in their items.

Since the bin people changed to one pickup a fortnight we have seen a huge increase in black bags full of rubbish being thrown in lay bys, ditches, etc. too.

I really don't understand it, when the recycling centres happily take these things for free.

We have though about putting a gate at the bottom but that goes against my principles really.

I suppose I could dig a foxhole and load my rifle.

:)

I already have CCTV cams and would only need a repeater to feed them to my wi fi.

Thing is, I can then get the car reg, but how do I trace them?

Do you think the police would follow it up?

There is so much fly tipping I doubt they are going to assign an investigation to our wee corner!

Perhaps we need to put a gate in, in which case they will just go elsewhere and someone else will suffer!

:)

The council will only monitor sites of 'frequent' dumping, we went down that road already.

I don't know what I would do if we caught someone in the act. I get angry at people dropping sweet wrappers, never mind old tyres, exhausts, bin bags, furniture!

Getting it on the wi fi would mean we could monitor it remotely in comfort, and record it all too. That might make the council act!

highlandsflyer":3jg7ny8d said:
I suppose I could dig a foxhole and load my rifle.

Seems you've already answered your own question.

Just to shoot their tyres out, of course, nothing sinister. Well, maybe a couple of windows too. And possibly one or two limbs.

I've twice seen "under investigation" signs on stuff that's been dumped at the roadside, though I can't imagine Fife Council have any more chance than you do of identifying the culprits.

IMAG0206 by RichardB5, on Flickr

Untitled by RichardB5, on Flickr

In both cases it could be considered as hazardous waste though, that liquid could be anything, I'm not sure if they would investigate something like a sofa.

It shouldn't be too hard or expensive to monitor though, you can buy the most incredible gadgets for pocket money prices now. A nesting box would be a good place to hide a camera, and would offer some weather protection too.

Sort of off topic but I had some thieves try to get in the tool box bolted to my transit pick up, the next night I put two of our dogs in there rott/gsd cross and staff/gsd cross, they really enjoyed that. No one got particularly badly bitten but one guy actually shat himself.

Back