February 17th Pre-HONC ride+Aftermath

Re: February 17th Pre-HONC warm up

Bit of a update !!

Rode the route today it was a game of two halfs :D

first 15 miles were great riding with hard ground on the offroad sections with nothing to complain about , things started to turn gloopy on the ride back in , going to have a look at the map book and divert around these sections at they were pretty horrendous with one in particular stopping me dead and bogging down for an hour :shock: (should take 25mins!! :shock: :shock: ).

All systems go then , expect some tough riding and some mud !! ... Hopefully the weather will improve :D

photo71_zpsa28b5cad.jpg

photo70_zps4dd3f312.jpg

matthew71":12fbxie3 said:
How was the new bike ?

Held up well , will need some tinckering before next week including a shorter stem :D

daj":cnkyu5m9 said:
matthew71":cnkyu5m9 said:
How was the new bike ?

Held up well , will need some tinckering before next week including a shorter stem :D

not like you to have to long a stem dave

Attachments

• dave stem.jpg
    dave stem.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,092

matthew71":25tg7aw1 said:
daj":25tg7aw1 said:
matthew71":25tg7aw1 said:
How was the new bike ?

not like you to have to long a stem dave

:shock: :shock: :shock:

How's your back? No wonder you've ditched mountain biking!

ha,ha That was 150mm :shock:

Ed told me 150mm was the way forward :LOL:

150 is to stem length like Skol is to beer - a dangerous but crap gateway to the good stuff. The 160 quill is where it is at.

I have some spare 1 1/8th stems that you can try Dave but none of this stumpy shite where you mount your stem on top of the steerer as that would spoil the good looks (sic) of your bike.

From memory, the RC200's had quite along top tube, which may explain the stretched look, all relative now as he's sold it now :LOL:

Back