BoTM Feb 13 'Restoration Special' - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok im in

got fineshed today, my new daily bred to take it everywhere and lock it in the city, so its functional bulid. no bling bling
got to be endurable when it should be stolen.....
brodie got a new name cause its a former complete bike frame (nobody knews what model) with a new individual composition.

got this rattlecan showered brodie something from drewson the other day

and now the result

thanks alot
cheers kay

firedfromthecircus":1rfkdhwe said:
We_are_Stevo":1rfkdhwe said:
It's a pity (or possibly a blessing for everyone else, given the two that spring to mind?) that bikes from previous themes cannot be re-entered...

Would one of them be WD Pros Marin?

Reading Neils post got me thinking of that one again. :D

Spot on...:cool:

my rockhopper. 99p ebay frame with split seat stay and an alloy seat post thas has been stuck for years...and cut off flush :shock:
2013-01-24211904.jpg

welded, seatpost removed, joins smoothed , painted 3 stage ford ice white pearl and built using stuff i had in a carrier bag in the shed.....total cost £1.39 :)
2013-02-11000104_zps981b61a9.jpg

build thread.....still going!http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=240212

sylus":y1fgrkiv said:
Nevada's orange forumula is a good example of restoration..a pig with tubes needed to be replaced to the minter is now

:LOL: yeah looks like I chose the wrong month to enter :LOL:

Loving the Brodie so far :cool:

Gotta be the 1936 Elgin by Sandmangts so far, that is a pretty hardcore build, and a lot of ingenuity was required!

matt24777":3mkpdm7l said:
Gotta be the 1936 Elgin by Sandmangts so far, that is a pretty hardcore build, and a lot of ingenuity was required!

I agree :)

OK, second go for my Bear Valley :D First time up it bombed out in a special month, if it breaks any rules entering for this month shout up and I will pull it acordingly :D

Not got so many before photos - I had already started to strip it before I decided to photograph the rebuild, this one will have to do (after starting to de-boss the frame) :

DSC02926.jpg

And this one will have to do for the completed item :

DSC06580.jpg

It took two and a half years ... :oops: :LOL:

If anyones interested in the full rebuild it can be found here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43798

It didn't take a great amount of money but it took a lot time (and fustration !) to find the parts I needed, refurbish bits, re-make bits and to get all the details exactly as I wanted them, if you haven't got time to read all about it, just jump to page 26 ... :oops: :LOL:

Hopefully if passes Neil's criteria above ... :LOL:

Cheers,

WD :D

sandmangts":131gwlk2 said:
I wish I had some better photos but I think this bike fits this months category pretty well. 5 months worth of work included cold setting the frame, brazing on chainstay and seatstay braces, brazing on a disk brake mount and cable guides. Turning down a 1 1/8 headset to fit a pre-war headtube. Reinforcing the dropouts and the welds around the bottom bracket and acid etching a custom headbadge and making the seatpost from aluminum rod stock. So far I have been riding it for just over a week and I am absolutely in love with it even though it put me in urgent care twice before I even rode it. So here it is, my 1936 Elgin.
Build thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=229476
Start:
IMG_8001_zpsbe1902cd.jpg

Finish:
IMG_8584_zps4900f951.jpg

Now THAT is a restoration well done ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back