Chorley cakes

al

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
eeeeeeeeeeeeee I've not had one for years.

Just finished my fourth one with a brew. By the 'eck...I feel right Northern now!

al. :D

I suppose you'll be adopting a kestrel when not playing in Pete Postlethwaite's brass band and taking your whippet to t'vets and saying "ah'm a gonna loose 'im, mister 'erryitt?".

Whilst wearing a flat cap and looking at a signed photo Brian Glover.

FACT, tha knows.

Grannygrinder":2mrvwcny said:
Are they like Eccles cakes? :oops: :D

They are like ettles cakes yes!

They are flatter and have a short crust pastry that's less crumbley than their Mancunian brothers.

al. :D

Lysander":1d9vutds said:
I suppose you'll be adopting a kestrel when not playing in Pete Postlethwaite's brass band and taking your whippet to t'vets and saying "ah'm a gonna loose 'im, mister 'erryitt?".

Whilst wearing a flat cap and looking at a signed photo Brian Glover.

FACT, tha knows.

Now where do I start with that?

You seem to have Lancashire and Yorkshire mixed up. I'll make it simpler for you. Lancashire (home of the Chorley cake) is a wonderful county full of nice people and places... Where as Yorkshire isn't.

FACT.

al. ;)

That should get a few puddin's writing in anger on here, although it's probably easier when you have 12 fingers!!

Good god I'd almost forgotten these shortcrust delights. Oh for a decent cuppa and a Chorley cake on a cold winters day, a coffee and croissant is just not the same, feels like I'm letting the side down.

Back