Marin 1990 Bear Valley Rebuild - FINISHED !!! PAGE 38 !!!

Just read this thread. Amazing work. Somewhere in the thread the two wee touch up bottles you got with early Marins was mentioned. I still have an unopened pair from a 1991 Palisades. Will put up a photo if there is anyone sadder than me who is interested in such trivial bits of their youth!

OUTSTANDING !! a complete novel of a build post, everything from loving devotion & dedication to amazing patience and inspiration, great skill, anticipation, disaster and triumph all with an eventual happy ending.

Ive just purchased an old pretty rough Indian fire trial so was searching the Marin builds. I was happy having a shabby but nice old bike till I read this, now I'm thinking :idea:.

Defiantly couldn't leave without a comment , worthy of anyones first post.

Disappointed theres no pics of it out and about up winter hill yet but we've not had much of a summer or maybe it did end up on the wall with a few spotlights aimed at it. ;)

This bike is fantastic, read it all the way through and is such a credit to the owner and the love and care while rebuilding it. At first it's a very clean well specced Marin, but when you see the detail it is just mind boggling. Best get my act together :oops: :cool: :LOL:

just read through all 29 pages of this thread and i am simply lost for words.

an amazing build with such complete and uncompromising attention to detail. Puts every build iv ever done to shame.

you Sir are a retro god among us mere mortal retrobikers,

In the words of Wayne Cambell

"We're not worthy, We're not worthy, we're not worthy!!!!!!"

Re: Marin 1990 Bear Valley Rebuild - FINISHED !!! PAGE 26 !!

WD Pro":2ldmm0x4 said:
I did here : viewtopic.php?f=26&t=172206&hilit=Cage

And I think I got two votes ... :oops: :LOL:

It was a special month - does that mean I can enter again ?

WD :D
Dunno about the rules about entry, but that's the sort of sanity threatening labour of love I want to see in a restoration BOTM. It would truly be a shame if it's now exempt, 'cos I think that's the benchmark for restoration.

And I voted for it when it was entered previously.

WD Pro":3fpphe7i said:
I did here : viewtopic.php?f=26&t=172206&hilit=Cage

And I think I got two votes ... :oops: :LOL:

It was a special month - does that mean I can enter again ?

A non winning bike can be entered twice, once in a special month and once in a normal month. So you only have your normal entry left. :(

Shame as after I read Neils post the first bike I thought of was this one. :LOL:

Thanks for the heads up guys - it's now in BOTM again :cool:

Fingers crossed ... ;-)

Back