Pendle Witches Vintage Velo "The Witching Hour"

mechanic

Dirt Disciple
Hello to all members,
Just a quick reminder to all who have entered the 2013 PWVV.To make you feel even more inspired the clocks go forward an hour on the day of the ride Easter Sunday 31/03/2013. :(
Due to public liability at the pub etc we capp it at 200 riders we have 25 places left if any one fancies it we will be unable to offer a sign on on the day facility due to its on going popularity.looking at the entries we have over half the riders on classic and vintage ,and in answer to one of your members previous questions ,I and some members of the team work in a Cycle shop which is open seven days a week apart from Christmas Day and Boxing day the only other day we are shut is Easter Sunday so it gives us all a chance to enjoy the ride.
Kind Regards Sean and the Pendle Witches Team. :)

The clocks changing isn't good. Just know I'll panic about getting it wrong and end up at the pub at 6am.
My motto for this years ride is "training is cheating and the work of cads and bounders". Hope the roads aren't getting too potholed in this weather.

If anyone's reading this and thinking "hmmm should I give that a go?" I would say emphatically - yes! Sean and the volunteers that make Pendle Witches happen deserve the keys to Rawtenstall - the ride's a little gem. Tough enough to be a challenge, but very beautiful where it winds its way through pennine Lancashire, it'll have you wishing there were more rides like it. Did I mention the pies, pint and open fire in the pub to finish?

Kerplunk":38nqe621 said:
The clocks changing isn't good. Just know I'll panic about getting it wrong and end up at the pub at 6am.
My motto for this years ride is "training is cheating and the work of cads and bounders". Hope the roads aren't getting too potholed in this weather.

You and me both Kp. I'm planning to ride out and back to bump up the mileage (weather permitting) so maybe getting there too early wouldn't be such a bad thing!

To echo Goldie's comment this is a great event with a variety of roads to enjoy. From remote feeling moorland traverses to pretty valley roads to stonking climbs with fantastic views it's all there. Brilliant organisation as well from Sean and the team.

What's more there's old bikes too!

See you there,
Mark.

daccordimark":1aisguy7 said:
I'm planning to ride out and back to bump up the mileage (weather permitting)
:shock: Nobody likes a showoff. :LOL: I feel like I'm struggling to get 20miles in at the moment, could do with losing a bit of winter fat too.

If anybody is doing it for the first time don't get over Nick o'Pendle and Waddington Fell and think thats it for the tough climbing. Save some energy through the valley as the last long long drag is a killer as is the really steep but thankfully short final hill a couple of miles from the finish.

As has been said above its brilliantly organised and a great ride.

Kerplunk":2z4g4r2g said:
daccordimark":2z4g4r2g said:
:shock: Nobody likes a showoff. :LOL: I feel like I'm struggling to get 20miles in at the moment, could do with losing a bit of winter fat too.

If anybody is doing it for the first time don't get over Nick o'Pendle and Waddington Fell and think thats it for the tough climbing. Save some energy through the valley as the last long long drag is a killer as is the really steep but thankfully short final hill a couple of miles from the finish.

As has been said above its brilliantly organised and a great ride.

Yeah, I'm planning to ride my 1949 Hobbs track bike down from the Borders and then back again that night after this little leg stretcher in Lancashire. Maybe an unfair advantage riding without brakes.

With my Carlton on life support, and unavailable, I bought back my old Peugeot Perthus Pro to give my an early bike. Then realised it's on Easter Sunday. :-( So won;t be able to ride.

Still I now have another bike to take to bits and rebuild at my leisure, so not all bad! :)

Kerplunk":26rxaezy said:
training is cheating and the work of cads and bounders

This is the funniest thing I have read on here in a while would it be ok with you if I made it my signature?

Steven

Kerplunk":2qvm8nwx said:
daccordimark":2qvm8nwx said:
:shock: Nobody likes a showoff. :LOL:

I know, but the truth is I've entered the Liege-Bastogne-Liege sportive in April (the 155km medium length not the full pro distance of 257km) and I need some training for it. I figured by shouting my mouth off on here it will give me the motivation to actually do the hard miles.

See you there,
Mark.

Back