Death and do you fear it?

Without appearing nonchalant about it, not really fussed popping off myself, although I would prefer to be a ripe old age when it does happen! Having said that, based on my own possibly low-key expectations I've packed enough into my 30-odd years already not to think that time's been squandered if I was to shuffle off the mortal coil tomorrow. It was something that scared me a lot as a kid, although that was more about losing those close to me rather than my own fate.

David

i don't feel death is a scary thing. but i feel dying painfully would be bad.
as for what happens after we pass on, i have my views on the subject.
i wont go into too much detail but our spirit is seperated from our bodies.
our bodies buried or burned. the spirit goes on eternally.
the important thing is the legacy we leave behind.
live every day like its your last.

Isaac_AG":1jtklkxw said:
As a child I was so scared of death I would stand in the corner of my bedroom convinced I was going to die that night, I would wake in the morning an the floor where I was standing My mother never understood this.

I felt this way too when I was a child of five or so. The thing that got me was (still is) "what is the state of non-being" My wife can't believe that A 5-year-old had such deep thoughts but I guess we are just born with this stuff.

Steven

lewisfoto":3s66a1ij said:
Isaac_AG":3s66a1ij said:
As a child I was so scared of death I would stand in the corner of my bedroom convinced I was going to die that night, I would wake in the morning an the floor where I was standing My mother never understood this.

I felt this way too when I was a child of five or so. The thing that got me was (still is) "what is the state of non-being" My wife can't believe that A 5-year-old had such deep thoughts but I guess we are just born with this stuff.

Steven

I felt this way from that age, even being deeply religious did not matter the fear was still there.

RobMac":3s66a1ij said:
GT-Steve":3s66a1ij said:
Honorary man award, to you. :D

+ 1 :LOL:
Thanks guys :D

videojetman":3s66a1ij said:
i don't feel death is a scary thing. but i feel dying painfully would be bad.
as for what happens after we pass on, i have my views on the subject.
i wont go into too much detail but our spirit is seperated from our bodies.
our bodies buried or burned. the spirit goes on eternally.
the important thing is the legacy we leave behind.
live every day like its your last.

I so wish I could feel this way

Alison

I don't fear death, I fear the manner of my death.

Death seems like a lovely long peaceful lye down to me. I do envy those who 'know' they are going to a better place though.... I may become a believer right at the end !! ;)

al.

al":e0n12h8d said:
I don't fear death, I fear the manner of my death.

Death seems like a lovely long peaceful lye down to me. I do envy those who 'know' they are going to a better place though.... I may become a believer right at the end !! ;)

al.

Very well said, Al. I'd hate to die a slow and painful death, even if I do get all the Morphine I want.

My Aunt and Uncle went in a very peaceful way. Aunt passed in her sleep, Uncle died 2 months later of a quick and relatively painless heart attack (so we were told anyway)

Back