Gay Marriage

bm0p700f":6n2t9gho said:
I still can't unsrstand why some poeple have a problem with this law. To me its simply common sense that you are free to marry anyone you want so long as they want to marry you. Everyone who oppose is hung upon definations. They assume that is because that is the way it has been that is the way it should. Life is repleat with stuff that has always been but should not be. Gay marriage to me is no different.

Great post.

GT-Steve":3nri8zb8 said:
The subject of this thread is gay marriage.

I don't have a single aversion to two people loving eachother and expressing that in a human spiritual form infront of witnesses.

Two men and two women together cannot procreate the human race. Am I wrong? No. Our own personal experiences of child birth and 'being' on this planet are a seperate subject, yes? Two men or two women together (sexually) cannot extend our being on this planet. That is my point here.

Who cares about procreation that is just one part of sexuality and it is too prevalent. We can not support the human race at this level. On another point what does it matter if we are gay, lesbian or heterosexual we are just beings living together why can we not do it happily regardless of who we want to have sex with and how naturally we give birth.

Alison, who should be dead.

Besides, who says the act of getting jiggy with intent to reproduce has to be limited to one's partner???

I go to the butcher for meat. I don't eat meat.

Hmmm gay adoption ? How exactly do you adopt a gay then ? I mean, is there a special centre or somthing ? Do they have a website ?

No problem with gay people adopting children at all.

IVF ? No, if you're unable to have kids, adopt them. There are too many people as it is.

GT-Steve":4f6rvmcf said:

I don't have a single aversion to two people loving eachother and expressing that in a human spiritual form infront of witnesses.

Two men and two women together cannot procreate the human race. Am I wrong? No. Our own personal experiences of child birth and 'being' on this planet are a seperate subject, yes? Two men or two women together (sexually) cannot extend our being on this planet. That is my point here.

If you have to procreate 'naturally' you would indeed need a man and a woman. But procreation is not the point of marriage. Some people marry and choose to not have children. Certainly we should respect their choice. However, two people choosing not to have children cannot extend our being on this planet! Thus, if heterosexual individuals don't have the duty to ensure our future existence, then why would homosexuals do? Truth of course is that none of us does. Homosexual couples are fully aware they can't have children the 'natural' way, but they can however take care of children whose parents cannot. Win - win.
Plus, it is exactly an excessive procreation that is threatening our future existence rather than an insufficient one.

Bram J":3mwf3c77 said:
GT-Steve":3mwf3c77 said:

If you have to procreate 'naturally' you would indeed need a man and a woman. But procreation is not the point of marriage. Some people marry and choose to not have children. Certainly we should respect their choice. However, two people choosing not to have children cannot extend our being on this planet! Thus, if heterosexual individuals don't have the duty to ensure our future existence, then why would homosexuals do? Truth of course is that none of us does. Homosexual couples are fully aware they can't have children the 'natural' way, but they can however take care of children whose parents cannot. Win - win.
Plus, it is exactly an excessive procreation that is threatening our future existence rather than an insufficient one.

OH DEAR OH DEAR, HAVE YOU NOT BEEN LISTENING, ITS EASY.

YOU GET TO MEN GAYS AND TWO LADY GAYS, THEN oops soz caps, then they choose not to be gay for a little while and have two babies, each couple can then have a baby which the non biological parent can then adopt, the babies should also be advised not to choose gayness or other wise they will have to be married by a jewish gay iman in france or somewhere foreign. Simple and sorted and end of

On adoption by gay couples, much of the "it's wrong" seems to be largely promoted by SOME with a faith leading to the implication that homosexuality is a perversion that would put your childen at risk, which is quite ironic given the amount of cases of child abuse against the church

the point is... raising a kid is bloody hard work to do right. I admire single parents who try and many succeed but even they at times must think..I need some help ....so having two loving parents to share the workload whatever the sex cannot be viewed as a bad thing can it?

As to marriage of same sex, why not? with the safeguard of no one of a faith being made to carry out such a wedding then I'm pretty sure there is a balance in there somewhere

Back