Death and do you fear it?

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I went down stairs to find my husband explaining to my 8 yr old that death was when everything just stops, like sleeping but without the dreams, that you know nothing about it it just happens, there may be pain but you know nothing about death, there was a lot more but to much to put here. As non religious folk that is just it but my son found it difficult to accept nothingness, I know the feeling.

As a child I was so scared of death I would stand in the corner of my bedroom convinced I was going to die that night, I would wake in the morning an the floor where I was standing My mother never understood this.

How do you feel about the end religious or not, It's the only time I wish I still was the Catholic of my youth because if I believed wholeheartedly in God things would not be so scary.

Alison, who is sorry to be so depressing :D

Alison

I absolutely believe that death = nothingness. "The dead are conscious of nothing at all" - it's a dreamless sleep, nothing more or less. No floating on clouds, no fiery torment, no limbo, no haunting your relatives - just rest. The concept of hellfire was invented by Christendom to scare people into the churches every Sunday.

i do not fear death as such, but now im a father, i fear missing her growing and becoming herself. as per after life, i believe in that nice place that you dream about becomes your habitat, nirvana kinda thing.

would hate to die too early, looking forward to being a grumpy old man lol

After last night's accident where a fatality could've so easily occurred I remain convinced that its only death that makes us fully appreciate being alive and therefore I do not fear it.
People are there one day and sometimes gone the next so just appreciate every body and every thing while you can :)

I don't feel there is anything depressing about this, Alison.

We're all going to kick the bucket eventually. I feel fine about it, enough so that I've already planned how I'd like to be dealt with when I'm dead.

I'm in no way religious. Don't believe in the afterlife, then again, I'm not dead yet, so who knows.

No, I don't fear death, but, I also try to keep myself out of situations that would make me expire sooner rather than later.

I don't fear death, I welcome it. It could happen at any time and none of has control over it. There's nothing one can do about it so why stress about it??

I live every day as best I can. I relish the time I'm spending with my daughter that I couldn't whilst I had a career, and it's made me a million times a better father than I ever was. If I die in the night I will be safe in knowledge I have produced something special, and done many things and experienced many things I wanted to...,

And for all you left behind, the PIN number to dwindling masses is.,,,,. ***8

:xmas-big-grin:

I have stared death in the face and lived! Since then I treat every day as a bonus life.

I won't explain as it wasn't nice.

Ian.

RobMac":36cu02q9 said:
Old household goods to death you fairly vary the subject matter Alison ;)

+1

You are spending a lot of time on here filling the gaps, Alison... :cool:

Honorary man award, to you. :D

Back