Retro Road Rides - any interest?

I live in Coventry - sans car so difficult to travel, but I'd happily join any organised retro rides within a reasonable train journey.

just off J12 M40 , the one before the Warwick A 429 / Cov A46 junction. I ride up to warwick on the back roads, nice ride from there up to Henley on Arden area, quite a few cafes :)

I have started to hit middle-aged spread at age 25 - it does not bode well. I am away next weekend but I'll be around almost every weekend after that.

lae":3be8y2ki said:
I have started to hit middle-aged spread at age 25 - it does not bode well. I am away next weekend but I'll be around almost every weekend after that.

lae and bikenut2010...fancy picking a weekend in March? A meet up in the middle?

Karl

Hi all,
Not entirely sure that this is the right thread but I would just like to give a plug for a Danish retro ride in August – ideal for any vacationing retro enthusiasts who would like a break from the kids and/or the missus.

Date: 17 August 2013.
Start & finish: Aarhus Velodrome, Aarhus.
Distance: 120 kms (approx. 75 mls)
Route: Rolling hills (Denmark has no mountains!!), mix of A roads, B roads and dirt/grit roads south and west of Aarhus
Registration fee: not yet set
Bike requirements: steel frame, no clipless pedals (i.e. with toe clips or plain flat), down tube shifters (if bike has gears) and no internally routed cables

Ride is “master” controlled for first 60 kms (max 25 kph/just less than 16 mph) and thereafter you set your own pace. There is a depot with refreshments, charcuterie and wine.

The 2013 event (inspired by and vaguely modelled on L’Eroica) is the third edition.

If there are any forum members who are interested in the event and coincidentally will be in Denmark in mid-August (??), further details will be available in 6 – 8 weeks from Thomas Lundgaard (aarhusvintagegrandprix@gmail.com)

Colnagolover

Back