What's 'shock' and how is it dealt with?

Kona lover":ez0p2ilj said:
Thought "shock" was the face you pull after checking the price of a sandwich at service stations :shock:

Nothing compared to the face you pull after taking a bite out of said sandwich. ;)

David

David B":219t8cwf said:
Kona lover":219t8cwf said:
Thought "shock" was the face you pull after checking the price of a sandwich at service stations :shock:

Nothing compared to the face you pull after taking a bite out of said sandwich. ;)

David

Comedy, cake and talking about it has really helped - amazing what a sponge can do :) they'll be other jobs

xerxes":2y1mus9t said:
discombobulated

Console yourself with the "Best word in a post of the week award". :D

I was shocked to find only recently, that, that is an actual real word!

I picked it up from a mate, he once said when looking at some dumb kids engine in his (corsa i think) that the 'buffle valve, had discombobulated' so ive said that term for years now, but only after watching the remake of the sherlock holmes film with robert downey jr in, did i find it was a h'actual word lol!

Oh and back to the OP, is there no way you could inform the possible employer of whats happened and get a re-scheduled interview, or has the position filled now?

Spudly":2bjbzvsq said:
xerxes":2bjbzvsq said:
discombobulated

Console yourself with the "Best word in a post of the week award". :D

I was shocked to find only recently, that, that is an actual real word!

I picked it up from a mate, he once said when looking at some dumb kids engine in his (corsa i think) that the 'buffle valve, had discombobulated' so ive said that term for years now, but only after watching the remake of the sherlock holmes film with robert downey jr in, did i find it was a h'actual word lol!

Oh and back to the OP, is there no way you could inform the possible employer of whats happened and get a re-scheduled interview, or has the position filled now?

I phoned this morning but was told that they would only interview me if the vacancy hasn't been filled after the interviews today :(

Shock can manifest itself immediately or over the course of a few hours even days. Or you may be concussed. Either way you may want to get yourself checked out again as either could potentially cause you problems!

Retro Cat":23m3ysux said:
I phoned this morning but was told that they would only interview me if the vacancy hasn't been filled after the interviews today :(

Boo, well ill keep my fingers crossed for you just in case, btw my mother is a medical secretary, and she said if youre feeling down and out of sorts then you may well have a mild concussion and its definately worth getting into the vets to be looked at, dont mess about when it comes to your head and its contents, once youve scrambled your eggs, there is no way to fix them!

rosstheboss":ii9oj1mr said:
Shock can manifest itself immediately or over the course of a few hours even days. Or you may be concussed. Either way you may want to get yourself checked out again as either could potentially cause you problems!

What's been lovely is the follow up call from the Ambulance service - they gave me loads of information and told me to get down A&E if in any doubt.

Retro Cat":2pfuh4ug said:
Comedy, cake and talking about it has really helped - amazing what a sponge can do :) they'll be other jobs

Is this that "magic sponge" that football managers used to talk about? I had no idea it had jam & cream in the middle and a dusting of icing sugar on top. ;)

David

David B":2ic3aqaw said:
Retro Cat":2ic3aqaw said:

Is this that "magic sponge" that football managers used to talk about? I had no idea it had jam & cream in the middle and a dusting of icing sugar on top. ;)

David

The one with jam and cream in the middle, no dusting of icing sugar on the top though (amazing what a bit of sugar, butter and egg can do)

Latest posts

Back