New Project: Peugeot PR 10

Update long overdue here: I shelved this project in favor of riding my other bikes last year. Anyhow, I recently got the ball rolling and started putting it together. I need a couple of small items along with cables and stuff, but it is starting to come together.

IMG_8851.jpg

A friend passed this SX 410 on to me a couple days ago. It's no SLJ, but probably the next best thing that will fit these Simplex dropouts..

IMG_8857.jpg

parts from PX 10 donor

IMG_8856.jpg

IMG_8859.jpg

Universal model 61 brakes. Nice paint work on the fork crown.. :roll:

IMG_8853.jpg

That is really great, there is a Tom Simpson era model on ebay at the moment, didnt change too much in the 10 years or so, love the green and the saddle looks just right, if you need to fit tubulars ive got loads of experience with them just post or pm me ,and you can pick up Continental Giros for £15 each from CRC.

72tunaboat":3neddd4c said:
(...) Nice paint work on the fork crown.. :roll:

IMG_8853.jpg

Yes, I've been wondering why they did that. Only reason I can think of is sheer laziness, but that wouldn't be it, would it?

non-fixie":qja47rw3 said:
Yes, I know it's standard for PR10's. Mine (above) has gotten the same treatment. So it's institutionalized indolence then?

I suppose so. I've had a few old Peugeots and the finish quality was sub-par on all of the 70s models that I've owned(more-so than Motobecane and Gitane). They got better in the mid 80s(in my opinion).

72tunaboat":6ax420an said:
non-fixie":6ax420an said:
Yes, I know it's standard for PR10's. Mine (above) has gotten the same treatment. So it's institutionalized indolence then?

(...) They got better in the mid 80s(in my opinion).

Yes, but at the same time rust-proofing seems to have got worse during that era. Which only goes to show.

I found some bars out in the garage for this project, and cleaned up the stem a little. The swedge bolt is buggered up ,but still functional. Definitely not a show bike. I have come to the conclusion that this crankset isn't going to work. 52/45 rings are not compatible with my legs and the amount of hills we have. I will be looking for something else.

IMG_8868.jpg

IMG_8866.jpg

IMG_8870.jpg

The paint shines pretty well for bein almost forty years old.

IMG_8869.jpg

Looking superb!
It seems to be coming along nicely and looks really easy on the eye.
I especially like the last picture above, everything in its place and the angles are spot on to the eye, the drops of the bars in line with the top tube etc. Georgous colour helps ;)

Jamie

Back