Gay Marriage

rosstheboss":18bjsomw said:
The problem lies with straight people - if they stopped having gay babies we wouldn't be having this argument

Well I think I did good then cus I think mine are all straight, but they're still young and time will tell if they make other choices :D

because women like to swear at their husbands and tell them they will never be able to touch them again..as they tend to do during childbirth

videojetman":1pbym3gh said:
B77":1pbym3gh said:
videojetman":1pbym3gh said:
although i find this thread fascinating, its like chewing a piece of gum and fast losing its flavour.
the fact is homosexuality has become very "popular" in the last few years.
i firmly believe being "gay" is a choice, the same as being "straight" is a choice.
saying someone gay was born that way, is like like saying someone was born to be a paedophile.
or can people be born peadophiles ?
can people be born evil murderers ?
i think not, but homosexuality has become acceptable by the masses.
even our prime minister is in favour (should secure another term in office)

anyway i digress.
my point being we are born as boy or girl.
but everyone has a choice in life, and its wrong to take away that choice.
i know i am in a minority with my beliefs.
but i respect everyone's view. so please have some respect for mine.
peace to all retrobikers.

Being gay is not a choice, do you actually know or have any contact whatsoever with gay people ? That statement comes from the deepest possible ignorance.

i got to know a "gay" homosexual person once. deeply troubled alcoholic to go with it.
i don't mind people disagreeing with me, but i am not ignorant, that is insulting to my views.
i could counter your statement by saying you are ignorant for thinking gay people are made that way.
but i'd be wasting my time, you are entitled to your opinion.
lets just agree to differ without resorting to insults.

Whether homosexuals are born as such or are homosexual by choice is not a matter of opinion. Current evidence much contradicts the latter case too. But to be honest, I don't even see a problem with homosexuality if it indeed was a choice. There is no victim here.

People opposing gay marriage because it infringes on their marriage is BS. Dare I argue no Muslim should be be able to obtain a civil marriage, since their beliefs are different from mine and that of the majority in my country and this would infringe on our marriages? If the same reasoning doesn't apply for Muslims, then why should it apply for homosexuals?

videojetman":pv5abrrw said:
Choosing to be “gay “ goes against human nature.

So does bungee jumping and the likes. What's the problem?

videojetman":pv5abrrw said:
Now where is the proof homosexuality is pre programmed in genes ?

Correlations have been found between certain genes and the occurrence of homosexuality.
Correlations have also been found between certain genes and unreasonably aggressive behaviors.

What makes things complicated is that it's never 'this allele of gene A causes this behavior', but rather a very complex interaction of many many genes. It is hard to study these complex interactions and link them to sexual behavior, but not impossible. I think future research will reveal much.

rosstheboss":k4gdjr8v said:
The problem lies with straight people - if they stopped having gay babies we wouldn't be having this argument
maybe you are on to something ?
if more "gay" people start having children, maybe the condition will right itself. :roll:

So does bungee jumping and the likes. What's the problem?

i'd love to try bungee jumping.
can't say the same for inserting my self into a male orifice.
but there is a vast difference, one being i never heard of anyone catching aids through bungee jumping.
maybe i'm wrong though, i have been known to be wrong before.

so do i have the record being the most quoted person on retrobike yet ?

videojetman":2m8yyu90 said:
but there is a vast difference, one being i never heard of anyone catching aids through bungee jumping.
I have heard of people catching a severe case of death, though, from bungee jumping. So far, as I understand it, even with the advancements of medical science, those cases have been, rather unfortunately, incurable.

Back