Gay Marriage

MikeD":znkgzxhi said:
videojetman":znkgzxhi said:
it's my job, i print barcodes

I'm not surprised you seem to see everything in black and white :LOL:

it amazes me people using this term, even in jest.
i don't see "everything" in black and white.
lots of grey area's, even in this subject.
but yes as far as barcodes go black & white.
the way i see it, certain members seem to be judging me on my views of this subject.
let me say it again.
i have no problem with "gay" people as people.
and i have spoken on this subject with a number of "gay" people.
i make no apologies for my views, there are no rights and wrongs in this subject.
i don't profess to be right.

and i don't take offence at mikeD's attempt at a joke.
even i have a sense of humour.

Everyone is fully entitled to their opinion it is freedom of speech after all.
Dare we say there are places where there is no concept of rights for anyone.. at all.

I may not agree with anyones opinion on everything (it's the human condition) but you are entitled to have it.

MikeD":234rr9u1 said:
videojetman":234rr9u1 said:
it's my job, i print barcodes

I'm not surprised you seem to see everything in black and white :LOL:

Badum tish ><

videojetman":3ie7vtji said:
i have no problem with "gay" people as people.
and i have spoken on this subject with a number of "gay" people.

Did you ask any of them how they decided to become gay ?

The black and white thing was great by the way, come on Mr Jetman don't be so curmudgeonly, it was meant in jest.

I've often wondered on both gay and straight... I wonder if they are born that way and the "choosing " people talk about is the choice to act upon it?

We all make choices ... Some are based on constants and some are based on fluctuations

sylus":7reuywa3 said:
I've often wondered on both gay and straight... I wonder if they are born that way and the "choosing " people talk about is the choice to act upon it?

We all make choices ... Some are based on constants and some are based on fluctuations

Probably, wasn't Cliff Richard born gay just his religion prevents him from acting upon it :D

Alison

Isaac_AG":3v5w92qc said:
sylus":3v5w92qc said:

Probably, wasn't Cliff Richard born gay just his religion prevents him from acting upon it :D

Alison

Breaking news: 11th Commandment announced, stating "thou shalt not sing when bad weather disrupts play at major lawn tennis tournaments". Time to pull your socks up a bit eh, Cliff?

David

lumos2000":3045hzh7 said:
ratbane":3045hzh7 said:
I just dont get it.

Marriage is a religious act, in which there is holy matrimony between a man and a woman, in the eyes of god.

Thus, from a religious point of view, gay marriage cannot be endorsed, because by definition, it is not a marriage.

Why the drive to call a legal partnership between two members of the same sex "marriage".

Why not call it something else, which has all the same legal brevity as a marriage.

Why are we hung up over the phrase "marriage"?

Questions, questions.

this, i think the gay community have got the idea of marriage confused. as for myself i was forced by current laws into marriage and after 15 years have no complaints. no church should be force to marry couples if they dont aggre with the marriage, that includes "normal" marriages
i felt sorry for the couple who were prosacuted for not alowing gay couples in their bed and breakfast.

I feel sorry for the German shopkeepers who are looked down upon today because they didn't allow Jews into their shops in the early 30ies.
:?

Back