Giant ATX Team DH (Rob Warner Replica)

All the 01's I've seen had the alternate Red scheme....

I bought mine in early 2002 being assured they were 02's and having a different manual

Wonder if they were over run 01's with an 02 manual in the box.....

boxxer

boxxer":31ln2f0w said:
All the 01's I've seen had the alternate Red scheme....

I bought mine in early 2002 being assured they were 02's and having a different manual

Wonder if they were over run 01's with an 02 manual in the box.....

boxxer

Sounds like you got lied to for a sale which happens, but yeah cherry reds ran for 2 years 2001/2002 the pdf's are still archived on the SRAM website if you wanna check

Little update as you may or not know I found a crack in the cross beam between the chainstays :( turns out these were common.

Onto better news, I have been in contact with someone that thinks a mate may have a whole rear end that is not broken :)

In other news ive just been in contact with someone that has NOS of lots of hope gear Big Un hubs and c2 brakes as well as other parts :D

Currently experiencing some bad weather here in Australia tail end of a cyclone half a meter of rain over the last day or so the rivers on the rise and the water is getting creeping up yes up the road and closer to the door and my gf's work just flooded. Power is on and off lots of peoples houses already under. :? good luck to me and any others living here on the east coast be safe

The rear end and bike parts sound like good news...t least that way you can still get the broken rear end repaired just in case the worst happens again!

I personally think the old Hope hubs are better than the new ones (the Pro II's have weedy bearings that die really quickly), whereas my old Bulbs and Big Uns just keep on working.

Weather sounds a bit rubbish though!

Re: Giant ATX DH Team

Good new on the shock I have someone with in the states building me a custom length/stoke shock from 2 NOS Rockshox Pro Deluxe shocks he has floating about, don't get to scared thou he's a very well respected suspension tech/mechanic/engineer. Once I get in within the next few weeks ill post some pics and give you an update.

Bike is pretty much stripped at the moment only forks left on it, trying to source all the parts I want for this ride seems a lot easier than the newer Haro build I had in mind that Im now sadly selling to fund this build.

Seems silly selling a frame thats fine and not cracked to build one that has some damage but this Giant needs more respect and love as this is what I truly used to want when the bikes started getting a bit more travel.

Little update just got this AC device and the cranks given to me for free from someone who saw my build and saw I wanted a new chain device only one bend in the bottom part of the device but ill sort that out pretty easy, the cranks were just a bonus I offered him coin and he said don't worry about it id rather see them go to a good home and get used.

So off with that awful fsa bmx and on with these.

Attachments

• IMG_2054.jpg
    IMG_2054.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 833

Holly molly you're lucky to score those parts free. Looking forward to the final rebuild of a DH classic bike.

So im after some silver big uns and then this happens NOS hubs but what colour do I choose ? :(

Attachments

• P1000832(1).jpg
    P1000832(1).jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 823

Nice work on the cranks and chain device.

Having had Big Uns in the last, go with the black because most of the red ones will be or will turn pink. If trying to match to another hub, the black will be easier.

I have an original Bulb and that is more pink than red.

Hahaha!!! What a choice for the hubs!! I've had Red before that went pink and currently I've got black...so I'd say black or silver. Although red would go better with the chain device! Choices choices....

What a great find with the chain device and cranks! What I like about that device is that its adjustable so you don't have to run a 48, 52 etc up front you can have a smaller one..

Back