rBoTM February 2013 - Nominations Please

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Superb offerings in January can't wait to see this months nominations!

A reminder of the rules:

1. Please enter your bicycle in the correct Bike of The Month category, i.e. no mtbs in Road Bike of The Month and vice versa.
2. Keep all comments and criticism constructive, avoid personal attacks.
3. It is strongly suggested all bikes are placed in the reader's bikes section prior to entry into BoTM. In this way a bike can under go a more gentle critique prior to the spotlight and interest of BoTM. More detail and extra pictures can be added here.
4. If you aren't prepared that your bike undergo criticism as part of BoTM don't enter it. We have many 1000s of views on this thread in a month - make sure both you and your bike are ready!
5. Don't register 15 extra users to vote for your own bike and for trolling purposes. This will result in a ban from retrobike.
6. Bike must be complete.
7. Bike must be currently owned by site member / nominee. If the bike is sold prior to or during the contest it will become ineligible.
8. Two pictures per bike only. All additional photos can be included in your reader's bike section thread.
9. One bike per user per month - don't be greedy.
10. Judges decision is final.
11. If a bike wins BoTM it cannot be re-entered in any poll by the same owner. If it is sold any re-entry is strictly at the judges discretion.
12. Bikes can only be entered once in a normal month and once in a special month. That is you can enter any bike TWICE (unless it wins in which case it cannot be entered again - see rule 11).
13. Don't take it too seriously
14. Please ensure the frame (and ideally components) is/are vintage/retro/classic (certain special month excepted).
15. All polls except as otherwise indicated will end at 23:59.59 UK time (GMT or BST) on the last day of the month.

Let the nominations begin!

My Raleigh R 500 1999

Thought I would put this in the hat my Raleigh R 500 dating from 1999
full RSX throughout and conti amberwall tyres rides really well , the paintwork is real good condition as it has hardly been used it has a made in the USA sticker as I was told it was for the American market

FB_IMG_1357206449717699.jpg

1988 Stan Johnson

This is how it was originally built in 1988(except for tape, cables, etc.). Mix of C Record, Super record, and Superbe Pro hubs. Stan Built this bike for his brother in 1988, who raced it for two years, and then hung it up until last year(when I agreed to buy it)

IMG_8795.jpg

IMG_8791.jpg

Thought i would give it a go, here is my 1990 Tommasini Super Prestige. I have owned this from new and covered many a mile on it including some of the famous Alps and Pyrenees, when my legs were a little bit fresher.

hope you enjoy.

AE7779C2-F6B5-4F6D-90D2-207119E61AF4-5464-0000070F313A5828.jpg

FA69BC2C-54B7-4B85-90CC-3A1B493E511E-5464-0000070F4A8ADA3C.jpg

1976 Caballero (Jan Janssen) Replica of the teambike of the '60-'70 Caballero team in The Netherlands at that time. The team hadn't a material sponsor. The riders did buy their own bikes (which were payed by the team) which were resprayed into the team colours.
a4x5iw.jpg

Oh man, after a slow start this is really shaping up to be a horse race, I want to like the team Caballero but some of the kit is not period correct. And the Berga with Vittoria Margherita derailleur. wow

Henk Lubberding Raleigh Team bike 1983 .Reynolds 753 Frame number HL.3.83 This was Henk Lubberding's 3rd bike in 1983.Used in the Tour De France.

Attachments

• efre (Copy).jpg
    efre (Copy).jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 7,649
  • jhjh (Copy).jpg
    jhjh (Copy).jpg
    95 KB · Views: 7,649
  • photo_2ss (Copy).jpg
    photo_2ss (Copy).jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 7,649
Raleighmad":odwawkgp said:
Henk Lubberding Raleigh Team bike 1983 .Reynolds 753 Frame number HL.3.83 This was Henk Lubberding's 3rd bike in 1983.Used in the Tour De France.

Wow just wow :p

Back