1990 YETI F.R.O.

benbonty":2hk3f6o1 said:
ameybrook":2hk3f6o1 said:
I think the Syncros parts work, but watch out for having enough threads to install a hanger beneath the top nut of the headset. An ATAC with hanger would solver this.

Thank you, good point. I've been looking for a 1 1/4" ATAC with noodle and have had a wanted post up for a while.... There doesn't seem to be many around! Hopefully, by the time I've had some more thread put onto the ACCU-TRAX forks and had them recoated, I'll have found one!

This one doesn't have a noodle, but it is 1 1/4" and black http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Answer- ... 1e76f905ef

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ez054098":ee48sytp said:
This one doesn't have a noodle, but it is 1 1/4" and black http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Answer- ... 1e76f905ef

Thanks very much mate. I really would rather wait for one with a noodle though, I just think it looks much cleaner than having a hanger within the headset stack. I've considered shimming a 1" or 1 1/8" too, but that'll be a last resort I think.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
benbonty":14qsypng said:
ez054098":14qsypng said:

Thanks very much mate. I really would rather wait for one with a noodle though, I just think it looks much cleaner than having a hanger within the headset stack. I've considered shimming a 1" or 1 1/8" too, but that'll be a last resort I think.

I agree. I had the same dilemma with my Funk. I first went with the un-noodled version until I found the noodled version. Good luck. I'll be watching ;)

ez054098":6kts5ds9 said:
I agree. I had the same dilemma with my Funk. I first went with the un-noodled version until I found the noodled version. Good luck. I'll be watching ;)

Thanks! I'll use the Syncros and the Manitou until I sort out the ACCU-TRAX and find the right stem. Can't wait to ride it though!

This is going to be a killer build.

Comparing your 90 with my 91 it looks as if your frame must have gone back to the factory for the usual seat tube work and reinforcement on the chainstay? Did they also add the seat collar sleeve with bolt? They did this to my 91, sort of wish they would have left the bolt thing off so i could run the original collar.

Anyway black on black=rad

Mr.Toad":1qe2is6u said:
This is going to be a killer build.

Comparing your 90 with my 91 it looks as if your frame must have gone back to the factory for the usual seat tube work and reinforcement on the chainstay? Did they also add the seat collar sleeve with bolt? They did this to my 91, sort of wish they would have left the bolt thing off so i could run the original collar.

Anyway black on black=rad

Thanks man,

I'm not really sure on the details, as far as I know it hasn't got the seat tube mod, but the little chainstay reinforcement is there. As for the year, I'm only going off what the seller told me and I think he is going off what the chap who sold it to him told him! If anyone knows how to read these frames better than I do, I'd be interested to know how to date them accurately, if that's possible?! This one doesn't have the seat collar sleeve and bolt, I have a repro YETI clamp for it, but for some reason it seems way too small to go on.....

I'm certainly not an expert but I bought my FRO used in 92 (I think it was a 91 model) and it didn't have the chainstay reinforcement. The seat tube was replaced by Yeti in 94 and they added that part, replaced the seat tube, and repainted the frame.

In any case those are all improvements I would think, otherwise Yeti wouldn't have added them. I just wish mine had the original BMX style seat clamp.

2nd gen headtube badge, assuming original, is pre 91. Chainstay gusset was added around the time they swtiched to Evo headsets I think

Back