Campagnolo Nutsert Wanted for C-Record Rings

devs1980

Dirt Disciple
I thought I'd be very clever and bought a C-Record crankset off of Foz here on the forum. I'm hoping to use them with a 10 speed Record setup on a steel frame, with new 10 speed chainrings. However I hadn'd thought about the little pressed-in nutsert used on the hidden 5th bolt. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find one?

Thanks!

I didn't realise you wanted to use modern rings! I think (but can't confirm because I haven't tried it yet) that the "nut" from a single ring chainring bolt will fit through the gap between the tab and the crank arm, so using one of those and a standard double ring bolt you should be able to tighten it up just fine. I hope this method works, as it's what I want to do with another set I have :shock:

I'll have a look and see if it works, might take me a couple of days to try it though. If it does and you need a single ring nut then let me know - I'm sure I have a spare one somewhere that you can have for nowt

maybe someone else can confirm if this works or not?

Andy

Good news! I just found enough parts to try it, without having to go down into the bike cave... and a standard campag double chainring bolt and nut fit perfectly! no need for a single ring nut. You need to fit the nut into the ring before fitting the ring to the crank, then fit the small ring (tighten one of the other bolts first to hold the rings in place) and screw in the bolt from the back/wrong side. You might need to wedge something between the crank arm and the nut to stop it turning and help you screw the bolt in.

So basically you just install the rings as usual, but the hidden bolt goes in from the back.

Give it a go, any problems just let me know

cheers, Andy

Back