Children always working towards chaos

Boring people live in immaculate houses ?!?!?

In my job I go into lots of folks homes very day, and I'm forever hearing 'sorry the house is dirty/messy'. To which I always reply that I just houses by the smell and not how much crap there is lying about. There's a world of difference between a messy chaotic house that's like that because, hey people have to liv there, as opposed to a filthy shithole that no one bothers to CLEAN. Believe me I see it all. As long as ill accept a cup of coffee, take it as given that your house is ok.

gavinda":2hbjlobw said:
Boring people live in immaculate houses ?!?!?

In my job I go into lots of folks homes very day, and I'm forever hearing 'sorry the house is dirty/messy'. To which I always reply that I just houses by the smell and not how much crap there is lying about. There's a world of difference between a messy chaotic house that's like that because, hey people have to liv there, as opposed to a filthy shithole that no one bothers to CLEAN. Believe me I see it all. As long as ill accept a cup of coffee, take it as given that your house is ok.

My house is cluttered and always has remnants in the morning of the children getting ready for school, after dinner I always like to relax and watch crap on the tv so I tend to do the pots the next day, which can be embarrassing if you get an early visit from the meter reading man, but it's never filthy, well I don't think so. I always wonder though where do minimalists put all their stuff. My son had a friend in primary whose mother's house had nothing anywhere the only books I ever saw were in a cabinet, she had the full set of the Encyclopedia Britannica in a purpose built cabinet, no one was allowed to actually read or look at them they were purely for show :shock:

I like to think that in my house if the children broke anything I would never be cross because nothing matches in our house and that's how I like it.

Alison

Edit: I might kill them if they broke my Retrobike mug, but christ that cost me £11 :LOL:

On the dishwasher thing:

I once arranged a flat share with a good friend of mine. On moving-in day, we both arrived with dishwashers and fridges.

The solution?

We bought a couple of T-pieces from the local hardware store, and plumbed both dishwashers in, loaded all the cutlery, crockery, etc. into one dishwasher and turned it on. If we needed a plate, knife, etc. we got one out of the clean dishwasher, used it, and put it in the dirty dishwasher. When the clean one is empty, the dirty one is full, so we switched the dirty one on. Bingo clean stuff.

And the fridges? One was for food, the other for beer.

That was a good flat-share.

Isaac_AG":1k9ixvna said:
Maybe I should ditch the husband and find myself a obsessively tidy wife.

Save the hassle of a divorce and all that, just make your husband your wife. Secretly all men want to dress in a French maid uniform and get spanked. With me fellas?

highlandsflyer":3uo0mr0e said:
Isaac_AG":3uo0mr0e said:
Maybe I should ditch the husband and find myself a obsessively tidy wife.

Save the hassle of a divorce and all that, just make your husband your wife. Secretly all men want to dress in a French maid uniform and get spanked. With me fellas?

For a fancy dress party, as a student, he was dressed in a very slinky dress and make up, he looked dreadful, the one thing my husband could not be is a transvestite he's just too much of a bloke :roll:

Alison

I have a son 10 and a daughter 8 and have given up trying to tell them what a shoe rack and a clothes hanger are for and that the fairies dont come out at night and put the laundry in the basket :(

I now just keep my 'parlour' free from everthing child related apart from some photographs so myself and my Wife have a place thats tidy to relax in :D

Quite tidy here..I'm at home while the lady works. Teenager and a toddler mean the carpet looks like it's never hoovered despite seeing one everyday. I am THE dishwasher.

Our two year old is disconcertingly good at tidying up after himself. I attribute this to the fact he takes after me and we make a bit of a game out it. i.e...sitting next to eachother and chucking duplo blocks back into the bowl they belong in :) Tidying up/Playing games together = win/win

widowmaker":2pjuvnhm said:
I have a son 10 and a daughter 8 and have given up trying to tell them what a shoe rack and a clothes hanger are for and that the fairies dont come out at night and put the laundry in the basket :(

I now just keep my 'parlour' free from everthing child related apart from some photographs so myself and my Wife have a place thats tidy to relax in :D

Adult only parlour, I love that. We have no means of escape, there is the front room for the computer and at the end of the school day they take over that and the back room and at the end of a school day they take over that room, but after 6pm we claim it back :D

Alison

Isaac_AG":1r42r6ky said:
widowmaker":1r42r6ky said:

Adult only parlour, I love that. We have no means of escape, there is the front room for the computer and at the end of the school day they take over that and the back room and at the end of a school day they take over that room, but after 6pm we claim it back :D

Alison

Theres always the shed if you have one :D

Back