What do you do to pay for all the bikes ?

JeRkY":ppj7kwix said:
Whilst were all in a wine tasting mood, can any advise me on a few bottles, I have 6 bottles of Dom Perignon 1996 vintage & 6 bottles of 96 Bollinger, each individually boxed. I have owned them a few years now, but have never got around to deaming an occaision suitable for opening.

I have read several sites that advise to "drink now" but others which have suggested to keep it still longer.

So, crack em open soon, or save them for something special?

You son of a gun! Now I'm not a great fan of DP, but the 96! Fantastic champagne. Some say its still a little young but you can drink it now. It will age and age, in the right conditions. At a DP seminar I tried the 1982....very nice. They do change with age. Losing the primary fruit and developing more earthy/mushroomy/nutty characters. Depends on what you like.
The Bolly is a superb champagne too....very deep and rich...almost marmitey. Fantastic......I'm very jealous :LOL:

If you have a top quality fish and chip shop near you, try a bottle of DP with it. Sheer decadence :shock:

HB

Tech support/warranty/service manager for major danish bike component distributors who shall remain nameless.

Only problem is, I'm now at the top of the pile in the bike trade here and can only go sideways, unless I move to another country.

job

Im a self employed craft mason,
I build decorative masonry structures such as stone colums and walls, brick arches etc .also stone work on houses, chimney stacks and flue building, lime mortars, traditional construction and heritage work on old and listed properties.
AND I LOVE IT !!!

My way to pay for my habit

I run a seal hospital up in Scotland for a marine rescue charity (BDMLR). Overseeing training of various people and responsible for rescue, rehabilitation and release of both harbour and grey seals. Deal with setting up, funding and day to day welfare of the seals.
Used to run another seal hospital for a big company that was open to tourists but got fed up with the needs of the animals coming second to commercial interests. So now do it for a lot less but for an organisation that supports me fully.
Best job in the world.....................except when I get bitten

Jamie

I'm head mechanic in my LBS. Sometimes you just get people wanting to get rid of the old banger and come across a gem. :D

Re: What Do You Do To Pay For All The Bikes?

team_lard":3plsb8li said:
About 1500 miles a month. . . :roll:

luv'n'stuff

J

Thats a lot of cycling. LOL

I do about the same, somtimes upto 2000 a month, makes you popular at the local garage for your 12000mile service.

Back