Recently had my Aspergers comfirmed

Many thanks Indeed, it has been crazy....then it all came together ! I just couldn't work out why i sleep so bad and why i'm almost like another person if i don't sleep.........spoke to other Aspies and they all had sleep issues and their behaviors amplified if bad sleep, i've been thinking i'm a wus for all these years only to find out it's a real issue for aspies......hell i knew a lot of this stuff already but never knew all those things were part of the same thing..........i asked my wife how long it took to use her first name properly ( i know i have great probs using peoples 1st names as it feels too personel) she said 4 years ! I feel a bit embarressed about somethings, but now i can recognise stuff and push to act differently at times.

ME can be really bad, i knew someone with it.......they were bed bound quite often.......it reminded me of when i had glandular fever but a lot worse.........

A couple of my students have aspergers its ok one of them owns when it comes to dates he can tell you when anything was made he will make a great atiquearian

You probably find that there are a load of people on here with Aspergers.

It tends to be a male dominated condition which can lead to obsessive behaviours, a detailed focus on minutia, an in depth knowledge of a narrow field, a tendency to enjoy collections (especially complete collections) and a lowered social interactivity often displayed by a preference towards on-line communications and a lack of empathy in others misfortunes.

Sound like anyone? Yup, all of us.

Greenstiles, your issue with sleep. Do you obsess about not being able to sleep? Just curious because I suffer with insomnia and it's rough as f**k

I can obsess about sleep, but only after about 3 days of not being able to..........usually i go to bed fall asleep but wake up fully awake a few hours later (2-3) and just can't get back to sleep ...........or if i do start to sleep ok, one tiny interuption can make me feel totally wasted the next day....and boy do i get grumpy, everything annoys even my own thoughts.....angry is an under statment..

if i do sleep well once in a blue moon, i feel great, very sharp....but it's rare.

..i dream every night, full scale epics with touch sound feel taste , pain etc.....it exhausts me at times..........i can also recall lots of the dreams i've had over the years like recalling real life happenings

a gross misconception is that all aspies are great computor people, i have agreat eye for any kind of detail that is true, but i would be able to clean and tidy and organize your house ( but in the best space saving and funtional way) than adjust your finances ;)

Also be able to tell you where that dead mouse is under the floor boards......heightend smell, taste, hearing etc

On the positive side greenstiles.... At least now you know why you are a cock

I on the other hand am unsure... But my ex wife and several ex girlfriends have given me some pointers :LOL:

Showing such predudice against people with mental health problems only highlights your ignorance......thanks for coming out.

''On the positive side greenstiles.... At least now you know why you are a cock''

Showing such predudice against people with mental health problems only highlights your ignorance......thanks for coming out.

Back