Gay Marriage

I too am thankfull the discussion is largely informative and whilst disagreeing with others opinions we are remaining reasonably polite

videojetman":1wk6sxzv said:
Well b77 seeing as you have taken such a shine to me.
I will satisfy your curiosity.
When we are born we are either male or female. Til we die.

well yes and no...I think in the case of transexuals who feel largely they are one sex trapped in another sex body then like religion is relies heavily on the belief of the individual concerned with no visible proof able to be shown

No amount of surgery can change this fact.

in appearnce it can and with that the mindset of the individual concerned but I understand for most that a man is a man and a female is a female and whilst that is correct for most it would not be correct for all

Which goes on to my point, we are created to procreate.
Being “gay” homosexual frustrates this.
It is human nature to reproduce.
If men suddenly decided they all wanted to be “gay”
Where would that leave the human race ?

Well again yes and no...animals are created to procreate..we are just one notch up being thinking animals. The idea that sex is purely to make babies I would then ask why so many religious people have sex for years but not a child every year...so sex is not always to make kids..sometimes it can be for the sheer yeeehaaaa...although stay married long enough and you will forget what a yeeeha is :LOL:

And yes a “gay” couple can use the services of a female to produce a child.
But that is unnatural, where is the love ?
I realise I am in a minority here, maybe on my own.
But am I wrong for speaking out.
I’ll let everyone decide for themselves.
Choosing to be “gay “ goes against human nature.

this part^^ for me is where the confusion takes place and religion loses it's way.. I would say love is not particular just to man/woman relationships and given the high amount of opposite sex relationships/marriages that fail or go through divorce I would say that love is genderless..as to unatural for a gay couple to have children ..I am uncomfortable with gay couples with kids but i have to say i do not know why, I just I am, my opinion however doesn't make it right or wrong it's just my opinion

absolutely video you are as most of those with a faith have a right equal as any one else to say how you feel. in open debates all sides should be heard

Now where is the proof homosexuality is pre programmed in genes ?

The line keeps coming back to me that we are created in his own image and so i truly wonder where there is controversy is it because we were created that way..to think openly, live differently but respect each other, science compliments faith etc...and then humans screwed it all up :LOL:

As to the original gay marriage then gay couples should be allowed to marry as long as they have someone to marry them but people of a faith should not be forced to marry those they believe life style that goes against their beliefs

sylus":30mxdvrr said:
I too am thankfull the discussion is largely informative and whilst disagreeing with others opinions we are remaining reasonably polite

videojetman":30mxdvrr said:
Well b77 seeing as you have taken such a shine to me.
I will satisfy your curiosity.
When we are born we are either male or female. Til we die.

well yes and no...I think in the case of transexuals who feel largely they are one sex trapped in another sex body then like religion is relies heavily on the belief of the individual concerned with no visible proof able to be shown

No amount of surgery can change this fact.

in appearnce it can and with that the mindset of the individual concerned but I understand for most that a man is a man and a female is a female and whilst that is correct for most it would not be correct for all

Which goes on to my point, we are created to procreate.
Being “gay” homosexual frustrates this.
It is human nature to reproduce.
If men suddenly decided they all wanted to be “gay”
Where would that leave the human race ?

Well again yes and no...animals are created to procreate..we are just one notch up being thinking animals. The idea that sex is purely to make babies I would then ask why so many religious people have sex for years but not a child every year...so sex is not always to make kids..sometimes it can be for the sheer yeeehaaaa...although stay married long enough and you will forget what a yeeeha is :LOL:

And yes a “gay” couple can use the services of a female to produce a child.
But that is unnatural, where is the love ?
I realise I am in a minority here, maybe on my own.
But am I wrong for speaking out.
I’ll let everyone decide for themselves.
Choosing to be “gay “ goes against human nature.

this part^^ for me is where the confusion takes place and religion loses it's way.. I would say love is not particular just to man/woman relationships and given the high amount of opposite sex relationships/marriages that fail or go through divorce I would say that love is genderless..as to unatural for a gay couple to have children ..I am uncomfortable with gay couples with kids but i have to say i do not know why, I just I am, my opinion however doesn't make it right or wrong it's just my opinion

absolutely video you are as most of those with a faith have a right equal as any one else to say how you feel. in open debates all sides should be heard

Now where is the proof homosexuality is pre programmed in genes ?

The line keeps coming back to me that we are created in his own image and so i truly wonder where there is controversy is it because we were created that way..to think openly, live differently but respect each other, science compliments faith etc...and then humans screwed it all up :LOL:

As to the original gay marriage then gay couples should be allowed to marry as long as they have someone to marry them but people of a faith should not be forced to marry those they believe life style that goes against their beliefs

thanks for this sylus, at least you've saved b77 a job. ;)

I would love to go back to my innocent youth, waiting patiently in line for the loos at The Black Cap, oblivious to the grunting noises emanating from the cubicles.

Had I known what I know now, I would have simply gone over to McDonald's and used their loo. Oh the gay disco biscuit I was!

Everyone likes to believe their way of life is ideal. The fact is we might present as heterosexuals but we could have a gay in us at any time. If only we could all join hands and sing Kumbayah. The scout movement never had this issue of gays did it? They knew how to keep it quiet. Not like yer Elton Johns.

highlandsflyer":5fp8v8wk said:
I would love to go back to my innocent youth, waiting patiently in line for the loos at The Black Cap, oblivious to the grunting noises emanating from the cubicles.

Had I known what I know now, I would have simply gone over to McDonald's and used their loo. Oh the gay disco biscuit I was!

Everyone likes to believe their way of life is ideal. The fact is we might present as heterosexuals but we could have a gay in us at any time. If only we could all join hands and sing Kumbayah. The scout movement never had this issue of gays did it? They knew how to keep it quiet. Not like yer Elton Johns.

Marry me you sentimental fool.. :D

be nice not to be the funny one in the relationship!

B77":3joyub5o said:
In France the word for homosexual and paedophile are the same word.
I'm not a native French speaker, but I think that's a bit misleading.

Homosexuel and pédophile are very directly equivalent in meaning to their English cognates. There are plenty of rough synonyms for homosexuel of varying degrees of acceptability , but the troublesome word I think you're referring to is pédé.

Pédé is a shortened form of pédéraste, which has the same strict meaning as the English word pederast, i.e. an adult man who loves adolescent boys. In slang, it's come to refer to any gay man. The problem is that it's also become common to use pédé lazily to mean pédophile - which is more correctly shortened to pédo.

Straight French friends of mine use "gros pédé" ("big poof") to each other as a mild, friendly insult. Used towards a gay person it's generally very insulting.

At a party recently I was asked (by a gay man) what I thought of gay marriage. I replied that I'm not really in favour of marriage, but if two people want to get married the law shouldn't prevent them. The next question was whether or not the law should compell all churches to marry gay couples. I said that I thought it should be for churches and congregations to decide individually, but that if I belonged to a church I would certainly vote in favour.

For that, I was called a bigot.

"all through my life I have had gay freinds (tried it once, not my cup of tea) and I can say for certain I know what makes gay people tick far better than you. I have the direct experience, you do not."

ok mr b77, just because you shared a flat with the gay community and tried a little bum fun, doesnt make you more of an authority on the subject.
can you support the theory "gay" people are born that way. or is it just that, a theory ?
over to you my learned friend.

Back