'Official' Retrobike Pace Serial Number Thread

JeRkY":28dbyw2j said:
Is it sad that im getting excited about being added to the list?

Yes you're sad... :LOL: :LOL: ;) ;) ;)

I'm proud you want to be on my list but what's more important is getting your mitts on the best British XC aluminium race frame ever made (ducks while the Orange boys take shots at me...... ;) ;) :LOL: )

neilll":37xim4wv said:
JeRkY":37xim4wv said:

I'm proud you want to be on my list but what's more important is getting your mitts on the best British XC aluminium race frame ever made (ducks while the Orange boys take shots at me...... ;) ;) :LOL: )

Some might say that you don't even need the word 'British' in that statement. ;)
(Ducks whilst everyone takes shots at me :LOL: )

Corduroyboy":tbzuyq2k said:
Some might say that you don't even need the word 'British' in that statement. ;)
(Ducks whilst everyone takes shots at me :LOL: )

It wasn't there originally then I figured the Klein/Cannondale/blah blah blah Boys would throw their toys out their pram so I edited it back :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

(no offence guys ;) )

neilll":ztuxpgfk said:
JeRkY":ztuxpgfk said:

You'll have to duck faster than that. :LOL: , but I mean, you're not far off; second best maybe. ;) :D

and as for Klein and Cannondale................do they make proper bikes?? ;)

(I hope there's room behind that wall for me too. :shock: )

best XC aluminium race frame ever is a fair comment

only early cannondales come close

sorry owners of proper kleins, they were incredibly iconic bikes ridden by big names but not quite in the same league as Pace frames

me, biased, no not at all. :LOL:

Hello Neilll

Just spotted this at the top of the charts again.

Can you add me to the list please

RC200 F6
Serial F618 048

Fulfilled a lifelong ambition when I got this one

Cheers fella :D

Crayons":ar3h3q8z said:
Hello Neilll

Just spotted this at the top of the charts again.

Can you add me to the list please

RC200 F6
Serial F618 048

Fulfilled a lifelong ambition when I got this one

Cheers fella :D

No problemo.....hey i'm F618073, we're nearly related :LOL:

Is your Rocky Mountain finished chap? (curious to see some pix :) )

Just for you :)

Hello Neilll

there should be some pics here – if I've done this right. I've uploaded a pic of the pace (just for the record) and a couple of pics of the Team Comp.

Still undecided about the new white look. As you can see from my avatar it was originally a lovely flat silver (with Scott unishocks as standard :? ). I've just taken delivery of Fentons Quadras that I'd thought about putting on this as the old unishocks are now fairly shocking. If I do that I'm inclined towards restoring it to original colour.

Hope you like it – It's missing my two purple ringle bottle cages at the moment, and I want some more period cranks than the sugino mightys I've got on there at the moment (the threads were shot on my old XC comps). What I'd really like is a nice set of XC pros with original rings.

Attachments

• pace_crayons.jpg
    pace_crayons.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,438
  • RM_side-on.jpg
    RM_side-on.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 1,438
  • RM_front.jpg
    RM_front.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,438
Sign me up baby!

Restoration Project RC0304 begins!

RC100, frame number RC0304 reporting in.

Complete bike, previous owner worked for the fire service which may explain the infilled fire engine red pannels on the frame. RC35 forks + interchangable Rigid legs. Bulls eye cranks, magura hydrostops, very early set of pace hubbed wheels + a later pace carbon hubbed front+ hope ti rear. allsorts of little extras, spare pace / middleburn chain rings etc, spare bearings for the bulseyes, service kit for the mags, workshop manual for the RC35's + origional assembly instructions and service guide for the RC100.

Pics to follow!

Back