1991 Yeti C-26 (a true barn find)

MK, I want to agree with you but I don't. The whole C-"46" was special to me because at that time I was intimately involved in what I believed was to be one or two of a kind. 8 bikes later and the special-ness has somewhat diminished.

I consider Eric's to be legit. Everything there was on the assembly line so to speak, but the machine stopped moving and someone took it upon themselves to bring it all together. Likely with better glue, patience, etc. Which employee that performed the labor is a moot point... kinda like arguing that a Yo not welded by Scott Bengston is not a real Fat.

rumpfy":2qnaxhzf said:
24pouces":2qnaxhzf said:
What a nice paint job ! Hard to find neon color
powder coated or classic paint ?

My local PC shop did the work. Basically only one version of 'fluorescent'. White base with the neon yellow and it matches right up! I gave them the RAL code anyway, but they were confident they'd get it right.

I think the Shelby Mustang/Cobra thing is a good example.

There are originals. And then there are the 'continuation' cars. Legit Shelby serial numbers, factory built...but just made today and not yesteryear.

Value is probably about the same. Looks and ride is probably about the same. But there's just....something different knowing it was made then as opposed to now.

That said, I don't think any less of the C-46 bikes. If they look and ride like the originals, made from original parts AND were built by CH...its pretty legit.

mkozaczek":1spx4ald said:
How do you define genuine tubes, lugs and rear ends???

PS. Pete - I wasn't really aiming that question directly at you... your's was just the last comment about genuine tubes and all...

I think it's more about the lugs rather than the tubes. The later ones being made from donor FROs where as this was made as a C26 from scratch.

I certainly wasn't meaning to denigrate any of the C26/46s as they are all the nuts (especially the little one of 24ponces's as it'll fit me), but I feel that this one stands apart from the 'standard' C46 as its not two bikes made into one but one bike from the start.

Very impressive, and how exciting that you can still find Unicorns like this, lovely restoration to boot, hat's off mate :D

hi rumpfy, I (think I) have a taler headbadge that will fit that big headtube better - If you like to have it PM me.

0fa74205.jpg

pete_mcc":2dyq4ftp said:
especially the little one of 24ponces's as it'll fit me

Mine is a C26 for child :mrgreen:

For me it doesn't matter if a C26 or a C46 are legist or not.
There's a mystery about this bike and if I understand what I have readen in Ameybrook's site, it's difficult to know exactly how many C26 were built (both official and unofficial).
But on other hand, and what is important, is the adventure of the restoration, everybody (Chris Herting, friends who sold me parts or helped me…) who turns around the project. I don't built or restore retrobike for trading them and I know that my C26 never been sold as expensive as Furtado's, and (except pete_mcc), it's would be difficult to find so small buyer for it :D.

And I like to see on a same frame so different built :D

yeti-man":3aps1rse said:
hi rumpfy, I (think I) have a taler headbadge that will fit that big headtube better - If you like to have it PM me.

Thanks for the offer, but this thing was all finished up this week. I just need to do a proper photoshoot and unveil.

Decal swap is easy enough, but I'm not too fussed about it.

Back