Worst component you've ever unfortunately dealt with

Controltech Team Issue 3 seat-post. A farting thin single bolt for the clamp that bent...and continued to bend....that
was the end of weight weenies for me.

Any newer Shimano chain with that stupid pin you have to replace every time you remove your chain. Who's idea was that? Let's flog em.

Its no contest really. A stuck good old cotter pin will win every time :x :twisted: :evil:

Now some clever so and so will come and "I never had a problem with them".
Well you dont know what you are missing says I :!: :!: :!: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Automatic rear deralieur system. Bought one because I thought how clever and clever it is as a weighted flywheel causes the cage to move through the gears dependent on the speed of the wheels rotation. Works great on the workstand. Works Sh*** in real life where by your always in the wrong gear, have no input into the process and each change is a jarring clunk that messes with everything to do with smooth cadence.
Do not go there, waste of money big time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and a stuck cotter pin can be shifted with a vice just as easily as a cotter press but is not a one trick tool, I have had trouble with them, I feel your pain ;)

Ian Raleigh":3i9jtfdr said:
Doubledee":3i9jtfdr said:
Heehee just checked velobase nicknamed suicide or death pedals love it!
If I remember rightly they are still made but under a different name.

Who would want these type of pedals anyway? They are so dangerous.

Still made?? Not seen them advertised anywhere and they don't hold a candle to anything since SPD's appeared.

Mind you, they worked OK for Ian Cammish and others.

The 'button' was supposed to be pushed in to release the cleat and in an accident you had to make sure you fell on the button so you could get out. I'm sure I've put something in the Mag Scans section about them? I've got a brochure somewhere.

I had a pedal to match imho.The early campag qr .Their own design.A night mare to get your foot out of.One near death call was enough.

I had a Kore seat post back in the day when I was a heavy weight 8.5 stoner that snapped 3 or 4 cradle bolts before it was deposited in the bin and replaced.

Downtube indexed gear levers. They made such a loud horrible click with every change change that I gave up after one ride and have stayed with friction gears ever since. I'm sure they worked perfectly well, so it's just a matter of taste.

Carradice saddle bag support, the one that clamps to the seat stays. First problem is sidepull brakes gets in the way of mounting the thing. I even took the brake off and mounted it on the other side of the brake bridge. The support was just to bendy to work.

Old Ned":2xlvuncv said:
Ian Raleigh":2xlvuncv said:
Doubledee":2xlvuncv said:
Heehee just checked velobase nicknamed suicide or death pedals love it!
If I remember rightly they are still made but under a different name.

Who would want these type of pedals anyway? They are so dangerous.

Still made?? Not seen them advertised anywhere and they don't hold a candle to anything since SPD's appeared.

Mind you, they worked OK for Ian Cammish and others.

The 'button' was supposed to be pushed in to release the cleat and in an accident you had to make sure you fell on the button so you could get out. I'm sure I've put something in the Mag Scans section about them? I've got a brochure somewhere.

Calling them "suicide or death pedals" is just so silly. The phrase "suicide or death" anything seems to originate from scaredy-cat Americans.

Surely they are no different from toe clips and shoeplates or current trackers who use toestraps with their clipless pedals, ie you have to reach down and flick the strap/press a button to get your foot out. That Cinelli pedal was designed for racing, not everyday use.

fiks":2aw023ha said:
Calling them "suicide or death pedals" is just so silly. The phrase "suicide or death" anything seems to originate from scaredy-cat Americans.
Surely they are no different from toe clips and shoeplates or current trackers who use toestraps with their clipless pedals, ie you have to reach down and flick the strap/press a button to get your foot out. That Cinelli pedal was designed for racing, not everyday use.

Having been given a pair of Cinelli pedals and used for a year for Time Trialling in the 80's
I can say they have one purpose only Track and thats it, pressing the button wasn't that
easy[to me anyway] and sometimes you couldn't press it in and the the panic stations
began as you looked for a parked car or a fence to lean upon!

I passed the pedals onto another friend to see what he thought :facepalm:

Back