1991 Yeti C-26 (a true barn find)

gm1230126":3gulga8p said:
Another year spent on a bike that wouldn't hold up to sell to the public or under top riders? Good history lesson worth the repeat I guess? Mike's was unique because of the effort involved.

With all due respect, I see a very unique bike.
It's not like you could go to the local GT dealer and just order one.
As far as effort goes, look again, there is no doubt a lot of effort goes into Rumpfy's restorations.

Would I be right in saying that this is not a later Herting cut and shut (not meant in a disparaging way) but rather made from genuine tubes and lugs a while ago?

pete_mcc":18m5rv42 said:
Would I be right in saying that this is not a later Herting cut and shut (not meant in a disparaging way) but rather made from genuine tubes and lugs a while ago?

Word.

Pretty f'n rare one at that being XL and all. They couldn't have designed too many "kits" in that size.

ameybrook":1ki5mtsk said:
pete_mcc":1ki5mtsk said:

Word.

Pretty f'n rare one at that being XL and all. They couldn't have designed too many "kits" in that size.

From what I understand all the tubes came the same length from Easton and were then cut to fit the desired frame size, right?

rumpfy":20hqx6e6 said:
Parts get painted and parts get found.

afeac6c3.jpg

05898ba0.jpg

What a nice paint job ! Hard to find neon color
powder coated or classic paint ?

pete_mcc":x81khaqv said:

How do you define genuine tubes, lugs and rear ends??? Not to sidetrack from ERs good work here, but remember that all of these bikes were originally made by CH from the same Easton C9 tubes and FRO rear ends as many (most?) of the replica C bikes made today are (some exceptions I'm sure). I mean, same guy, same material, same labor just separated by a couple of decades. Why the disclaimers???

As far as I'm concerned any bike made by CH then and now is the same. The main difference being that maybe the old ones were ridden by a famous dude or chick. Don't get me wrong that's a huge thing, but the guts of the thing are the same no matter who rode it!

PS. Pete - I wasn't really aiming that question directly at you... your's was just the last comment about genuine tubes and all...

gm1230126":kfid8bmd said:
Another year spent on a bike that wouldn't hold up to sell to the public or under top riders? Good history lesson worth the repeat I guess? Mike's was unique because of the effort involved.

You're right, its no '30 days of GT'. :facepalm:

rumpfy":3ryhbfpo said:
gm1230126":3ryhbfpo said:

You're right, its no '30 days of GT'. :facepalm:

WINNAR!

24pouces":2z0tkw5i said:
What a nice paint job ! Hard to find neon color
powder coated or classic paint ?

My local PC shop did the work. Basically only one version of 'fluorescent'. White base with the neon yellow and it matches right up! I gave them the RAL code anyway, but they were confident they'd get it right.

Back