Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin...Almost there!

brocklanders023":fjvvhyvs said:
Agreed that it's a great result but won't the new stem be a slightly different colour to the parts you've had re done?

I knew it would be brock, but I had to go have a look! The saddle is a real nice addition but the stem was similar in colour to my forks before respray more reddy than pinky. To be honest the colour I have now is as I remember it and matches the original decals very well. Did take Nick up on the saddle though, going to give it a bit of love and hopefully that will come good!

So if anyone does need a 1991 Team stem PM saintnick! It is in top condition and I can vouch for Nick being a top bloke! (With a nice looking Team himself well cared for from new!)

That one on eBay the other week needs an original stem. PopsTrippin was the winner ;)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=237468

Although it would be a shame not to keep it with the original bike, any future buyer will likely want to refit it.

Leather car seat or sofa restorer should soften up the saddle and some have dye in to bring the colour back. Cheaper option is some poundshop leather cleaner like I use on my cars:

c1583.JPG

lrh":n6zj0xj2 said:
That one on eBay the other week needs an original stem. PopsTrippin was the winner ;)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=237468

Although it would be a shame not to keep it with the original bike, any future buyer will likely want to refit it.

Leather car seat or sofa restorer should soften up the saddle and some have dye in to bring the colour back. Cheaper option is some poundshop leather cleaner like I use on my cars:

c1583.JPG

Yeah I think Rich got a stem from Drewson, and didn't want the stem either but I know a guy that might!

Yeah i managed to find a stem for mine and is at the powder coaters getting done :) with regards to your spare stem Doug, i also know a guy who needs one.. NevadaSmith, he missed out on the one that i bought, give him a PM ;)

Rich

PopsTrippin":mqd2ijka said:
Yeah i managed to find a stem for mine and is at the powder coaters getting done :) with regards to your spare stem Doug, i also know a guy who needs one.. NevadaSmith, he missed out on the one that i bought, give him a PM ;)

Rich

Hi Rich

"saintnick" still has it as I turned it down...there is another guy on here that I've just put in touch with him about the stem...basically if anyone is interested in it get in touch with saintnick.

Sorry about the saddle if I see another I'll let you know mate

Wook

You wait ages for a Team Marin to turn up and then... :LOL:

7096092253_4aac3eb56f_z.jpg

lrh":2jk6nbdw said:
You wait ages for a Team Marin to turn up and then... :LOL:

7096092253_4aac3eb56f_z.jpg

HAHAHA my wife still has a smirk and says...I never thought I'd see you on a bike with pink on it! Check me out Mr "metrosexual"!

Great job Wook, has inspired me to get cracking on my Eldridge... I'm close to that Powdercoaters too!

Bars are done, on their way to join the party!

took ages but, a good lustre of pink :cool:

Photo0052_zps5790cafc.jpg

I could feel the two finger salutes as i walked back to my vehicle :) , to their credit, they stuck at it to a satisfactory finish.

A real shame two thirds will be covered by grips, controls, etc..

*patiently waits for complete bike pics*

:cool:

Back