First and most loved

taffy":15ui10b9 said:
Daimler_zps1ed52fda.jpg

Why do I find myself thinking "There's been a murder, Lewis....fancy a pint?" ;). Although being pedantic the pic is a Daimler, not a Jag.

David

The Top Gear Reliants were customised to fall over, possibly anti roll bar removed from suspension, certainly fuel tank that sits on underside removed aswell as normal exhaust to make top heavy.
Never even came close to rolling mine despite twisty B-road use and certainly no more unstable than say a Suzuki jeep.
They're underpowered but very lightweight and very narrow so can get through tight gaps. I could power down a narrow country lane and not need to slow to squeeze past an oncoming car though if I'd hit said car my Reliant would have disintegrated whilst the normal car might have scratched its paint !

David B":1f8ksvie said:
Why do I find myself thinking "There's been a murder, Lewis....fancy a pint?" ;). Although being pedantic the pic is a Daimler, not a Jag.

David

Same car but fancypants fluted daimler chromework over the smooth jag stuff but the main being a rather revvy 150 hp 2.5 v8 under the bonnet.

highlandsflyer":1f8ksvie said:
Shit the bed that Daimler is stunning!

i cant take all the credit the then girlfrined's dad was as enthusiastic about it as me and him having had a fe mk2's knew what he was doing (i would say the car ended our relationship a shame as I'd just bought a lovely series 1 XJ6 4.2 for penuts :( ) that and my dad cutting back the fresh red paint (it was originally green!) and polishing the chromework for my sisters wedding made it shine a bit brighter and better.

Back