Retro bike sportives or rides

Taul Paul

Devout Dirtbag
Hello retro bike riders.
Are there any sportive's or organised rides for us lot wi't owd bikes?? I was told a bloke in Sheffield is thinking of organising one up Norf near Sheffield. I'm told he is Italian?? And i guess it will go out into the peaks, I'm thinking of rides with a good amount of riders, not just half a dozen.
The time has to be right.

Taul Paul

Hell of the West last year was specifically for cyclocross and mountain bikes. I spoke to the organiser early on regarding tyres etc and he said a lightweight retrobike would be pretty ideal..

In the end I could not ride it, due to a dislocated shoulder, and just as well as it turned out. The description I had been given of the ride, erm... undersold it shall we say, and from what I can gather it lived up to it's name.

Taul Paul":3w4u9rgo said:
Hello retro bike riders.
Are there any sportive's or organised rides for us lot wi't owd bikes?? I was told a bloke in Sheffield is thinking of organising one up Norf near Sheffield. I'm told he is Italian?? And i guess it will go out into the peaks, I'm thinking of rides with a good amount of riders, not just half a dozen.
The time has to be right.

Taul Paul

Hi Paul

Welcome to Retrobike, are you looking for competitive rides or social rides ?

We have well established area groups that organise monthly off road rides as well as National events, there are also the new National Road ride events but all of these are social rides.

Have a look here:- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=236387 for the National events

Here for more local rides

North East, North and West Yorkshire :- viewforum.php?f=31

And here Lincolnshire, East & South Yorkshire :- viewforum.php?f=51

And here North Wales & North west :- viewforum.php?f=30

Sheffield is pretty much central to all the above groups so you should have a good choice of when and where you could ride.

The National events normally attract more riders than the regional but we have had up to 50 riders on the Nationals.
We're a friendly bunch and every one is made to feel welcome, there's normally a pub/cafe lunch as well.

Hope this helps Kaya

Vern has pretty much summed things up quite nicely there.
Let us know if you'd like to find out any more.

I've moved this thread to the 'Rides, Meets, Events and Races' section of the site.

Back