Bike Trailers

B77":cqs36ran said:
Yeah those are ones !
I'm sort of torn between the two wheel cargo and the single wheel. Any ideas how they both handle ? My only experience of trailers was a tag along that I had for my daughter, very sketchy from time to time.

My experience of trailers is of a two-wheeled child trailer (Burley Solo) - handling was really absolutely fine with that on all sorts of terrain as the centre of gravity is very low indeed... nothing like a tag-a-long (which I also had later on, and which was definitely pretty horrible at times)

The only time I ever had a mishap with that trailer was down to turning far too tightly at too high a speed (at the bottom of a steep hill) - thankfully not even the slightest bruise on either of us...

That looks interesting but I'm not sure what sort of load you can get on it, I'm thinking about doing a 4 week tour of the voie vertes in the summer seeing as how going to the states is out and will be carrying a tent and other crap I'm leaning towards the Yak type. Unless a Kona Ute comes along.....

Thanks for that. It's just wishful thinking really. A trailer would make less of a dent in the wallet. Then again there's a Surly Big Dummy frameset in Italy going very cheap.

Must...resist

Back