The Funniest Comedians You Have Ever Seen? NSFW

highlandsflyer":2kze44rm said:
I did not know that!

Who is he anyway?

Is he the Giles Brandreth of modern comedy?

He is a very well respected journalist who used to report from war torn countries, so why anybody would have a problem with him I don't know, never listened to his show though.

Alison

twain":1g08jb8f said:
stuart lee (patronising, sarcastic to a degree i've never experienced before and can shred people with such ease)

stewart francis (dont normally like one liner stand ups, but he holds his own very well)

Milton jones (bit quirky, but quick)

The last two of those are brilliant at one-liner/bad pun-type stuff. Stewart Lee excellent also, not on telly as much as I'd like but his Comedy Vehicle on BBC2 was very good. Not to mention his legendary Top Gear rant ("He's not a real hamster, though, is he?", "Jeremy Clarkson with his outrageous politically incorrect opinions which he has every week to a deadline in the Sunday Times", etc.).

David

Isaac_AG":xwigcxjf said:
highlandsflyer":xwigcxjf said:
I did not know that!

Who is he anyway?

He is a very well respected journalist who used to report from war torn countries, so why anybody would have a problem with him I don't know, never listened to his show though.

Alison

Tim Vine?

Based on his pathetic humour, we ought to send him back to the front!

highlandsflyer":1tjyrh1l said:
Isaac_AG":1tjyrh1l said:
highlandsflyer":1tjyrh1l said:
I did not know that!

Who is he anyway?

Alison

Tim Vine?

Based on his pathetic humour, we ought to send him back to the front!

No, I thought you were asking who Jeremy Vine was, Can't stand Tim Vine

Alison

David B":2mbwqxh7 said:
twain":2mbwqxh7 said:
stuart lee (patronising, sarcastic to a degree i've never experienced before and can shred people with such ease)

stewart francis (dont normally like one liner stand ups, but he holds his own very well)

Milton jones (bit quirky, but quick)

The last two of those are brilliant at one-liner/bad pun-type stuff. Stewart Lee excellent also, not on telly as much as I'd like but his Comedy Vehicle on BBC2 was very good. Not to mention his legendary Top Gear rant ("He's not a real hamster, though, is he?", "Jeremy Clarkson with his outrageous politically incorrect opinions which he has every week to a deadline in the Sunday Times", etc.).

David

yeah - Stuart Lees comedy vehicle Top Gear rant is one of my favourites. 'its just a joke, like on the Top Gear' he borders on Frankie Boyle type cringe factor - talking about Hammonds crash and Jeremy Clarksons kids going blind) - but without actually distastefully crossing it.
he apparantly explained himself a bit here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/new ... d-gag.html

twain":2a4488ug said:
yeah - Stuart Lees comedy vehicle Top Gear rant is one of my favourites. 'its just a joke, like on the Top Gear' he borders on Frankie Boyle type cringe factor - talking about Hammonds crash and Jeremy Clarksons kids going blind) - but without actually distastefully crossing it.

Indeed - all clever stuff from Lee, done very professionally without having to resort to actual Frankie Boyle-style shock tactics (I've a feeling that earlier in the same stand-up set from Stew there is a dig at Boyle for his tendency to overdo the edgy/controversial gags).

David

I saw the Mary Whitehouse Experience live in the early '90s, laughed so much I had cramp in my cheeks. :shock:

Some of the early Jim Carrey standup is fantastic!

Re: The Funniest Comedians You Have Ever Seen?

Pyro Tim":6ak4gwir said:
I will also be controversial, and say there are almost no funny female stand ups. Jo Brand and Sarah Millican excepted.
Sarah Millican?

I suggest you get a second opinion on all the female comics you must have dismissed! :)

This lady is American AND female, I wouldn't boo her offstage!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS2b2yr7x18[/youtube]

Back