Retrobike rides and events 2013

I'm always up for you guys coming to west bay. Haven't been able to come to the last few exeter rides but it would be good to have one a month again. :cool:

Why no HONC this year?

I know Honc entry this year was FUBAR, but there's quite a few RB members riding. Why not include it in its usual category?

Re:

ajantom":3ly9xv4r said:
No where in the south-west then :(

For us Devon and Cornwall types the closest is 2+ hours drive.

What about a Dartmoor ride or similar? I'd be happy to do some organisation.
Yeah I know, I'm sorry about that. The Quantocks, Exmoor and Dartmoor have been mentioned a few times. It does take a certain amount of local knowledge, organisation and commitment from people within the area groups to get things moving.
All I can suggest is that you contact the coordinators for the South West area and offer your assistance.
Personally I would love the area to be part of the series despite it being a good six or seven hours away from me. 2014 perhaps...?

brocklanders023":3ly9xv4r said:
Is the NYM weekend an unofficial BDW?
No. The Big Dirty Weekender is another event. Not sure when or where it's due to take place.
The main NYM Retrobike National ride will take place on Sunday 21st July. There will also be a ride the day before with the option to stay over and make a weekend of it. Burnt meat and beer have been mentioned...
More details will be posted up when the North East, North and West Yorkshire Area group have finalised everything.

Retro Spud":3ly9xv4r said:
Hi Paul

When will the dates go on the home page ?

2012 dates keep catching me out
I've mentioned this to John a couple of times as he is the person to update it all. Upgrading the forum software has been a priority so far though.

Twister":3ly9xv4r said:
I know Honc entry this year was FUBAR, but there's quite a few RB members riding. Why not include it in its usual category?
The HoNC was traditionally on the calendar before the idea of the RB National Series began in 2011. This is largely because it's an event that John normally participates in. The event still gets publicised on the forum and we try to ensure that the weekend is kept clear of any major Retrobike organised rides.
We just decided to drop it from the official RB calendar because it's not an RB organised event.

You could argue that the same can be said of Mountain Mayhem and the Fat Tyre Weekend which take place in June.
These events, Mayhem in particular, draw a very big contingent from Retrobike. The last two years have seen nearly 50 people riding with a similar number just visiting. Also, with it being over a long weekend, it tends to have a few other things organised by RB too.
It's become an event within an event.

I'm down south in Bournemouth , don't mind an hours drive or so to meet for a ride , so count me in for a Devon Dorset ride

Markynag":1t3o84jl said:
I'm down south in Bournemouth , don't mind an hours drive or so to meet for a ride , so count me in for a Devon Dorset ride
Pop in to that regions area group. That's what it is for. These National rides are not the only rides, just the main featured rides.
For example in our 'new' area we try and get at least one ride a month in the region, two is preferable if they are a long drive apart, one each end, but with hopefully one every weekend if there are enough local in a specific section of the region for quick rides.
We also work with the ride on the borders to it to invite them and go on their rides.

So get in there get suggestion and get some started.

It has been know to have a turn out of one or two, but hey ho I still enjoy the rides and I bet others in different area still do as well that's how it goes. Sometimes it can build up to 10 or 20. If you don't start and don't tell anyone you're going out for a ride then chances are nobody else will come along with you.

FluffyChicken":1bth85r5 said:
Pop in to that regions area group. That's what it is for.
Indeed, in the words of Mr Kawasaki "ask not what your forum can do for you, but what you can do for your forum".

Re:

Retro Spud":1x0ulqh5 said:
onza100":1x0ulqh5 said:
ajantom":1x0ulqh5 said:
No where in the south-west then :(

For us Devon and Cornwall types the closest is 2+ hours drive.

What about a Dartmoor ride or similar? I'd be happy to do some organisation.

I was going to say the same thing. Wasn't one last year either :(

plus one,

its not far for me, but sadly an area I've never ridden. . . . .
Hopefully this will change, But it will only happen if the local area group put something tangible forward for consideration

on another note why wait for a national ride, admittedly the numbers will be greater but that shouldn't hold it back.

Plus two :LOL:

Oh and onza100, can you pm me when it starts drying up down your way :roll: :LOL: as would like to do some trails down you way.Cheers

Re:

FluffyChicken":2jjjw43w said:
Thought about getting the dates into a Google Calendar and Sharing it.
Get the AEC's of each section to add to it?

We can then just download or add it to our own google calendars.

Thought for the future. It could also be integrated into the site.

The south east already has one, though i havent' updated it in ages :oops:

Back