Dekerf Mountain

Mr Kermit... I know what you mean, the Machine techs weren't quite right in terms of look... stopping was OK but they had a tendancy to let me down in the field... straddle wires slipping etc...

Magura's are my stopper of choice and in the absence of another bike to hang them on currently, I thought I'd try them...

Jury is out on looks though!

Pics when weather improves!

I completely understand the need for reliability in the field. Nothing worse than slipping straddles :!: :!: Will reserve judgement until I see the Magura pics ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Just noticed the lights, at least anodised to match Rich.

Will be posting some updates on my DeKerf by next week I hope. :cool:

The MachineTechs' need their own specific double bolt hanger, which clamps right around the cable. Because of their design, they apply much more pressure on the cable clamp and ordinary type hangers and tend to slip.
I've had a few sets and with Aztec or Koolstop pads, they work every bit as well as any V brakes. They will be about a fifth of the weight of Magura's also.

Interesting on the Machine Tech's... if I go back to them I will need to source some proper hangers...

Last two proper rides on it have left me with no front brake and some hairy downhill sections to deal with :-/

Oh, and going to start playing around with the Ritchey (hope Holister isn't listening) this af...

ringo":275jpwaw said:
Interesting on the Machine Tech's... if I go back to them I will need to source some proper hangers...

Last two proper rides on it have left me with no front brake and some hairy downhill sections to deal with :-/

Don't know if you've seen the proper hangers or not Rich'.? They have two bolts either side and clamp around the cable. They have a small groove to centre the cable in. You torque both 4mm bolts agianst each other and it traps the cable solid.
The levers also, are not everyone's cup of tea looks wise, but they have adjustable lever pull "cams". so can be dialled in for maximum brake efficiency.
Also do you have the proper Titanium pad retention bolts? See below.

009_zpse816e0f7.jpg

Thanks Philip, I do have the Ti pad retention bolts.

Anyone have any of the hangers going spare in red? :D

Yours must be slightly later as they are cut out at the front.... :?

Back