Upping sticks and moving

Thank you everyone for the encouragement and all the useful comments.

I was thinking of doing some form of formal mechanic qualification and some first aid training. The chauffeur/taxi type qualification is something I will need to look at too. Ah, lots to think about.

Our thinking is tending towards somewhere very near to the town of Bala itself - a small cottage or town house with room to sleep 4-6 and with a decent kitchen, bathroom and sitting room. There are a few decent pubs and other places to eat as well as quite a few useful shops. I also have some family connections with the area and got to know the place through childhood holidays. I used to carry my horrendous 40lb Peugeot Ranger across the moorland as a nipper.

Our first Welsh lessons are booked for June. Although my family comes from near by I have never learned Welsh before and it's something I'm looking forward to.

Between now and then, we have to sell the house, I have to make 60 chairs for a client in London and then organise the movement of the workshop machinery - oh and buy somewhere to live and work in Wales. It'll be a busy few months.

I'll keep you updated.

Rich

Nice part of the world, used to go cycling there BITD. Best wishes with your plans.

Set one up on the outskirts of a village, within walking distance of the local, and you're on to a potential goldmine :LOL:

Get a place with a bit of land attached to it, buy yourself a mini digger and you could even make your own trails to entertain the guests when they're not off riding around elsewhere!

wynne":3lcty1cj said:
Thank you everyone for the encouragement and all the useful comments.

I was thinking of doing some form of formal mechanic qualification and some first aid training.

Rich
The first aid training is a must, we are trained to a very high standard in work and the day I unchocked my Baby daughter made it all worth while.

Back