Double groove bars

Thanks for your help guys I'll keep a look out. Looking at my options Cinelli would be an option too.

Ergo in 3TTT-speak means double-grooved, as in Ergopower. It doesn't refer to an "anatomic" shaped bar if that's what you were thinking.

Tel":1v0apc7y said:
Oh that is what I was thinking....best get myself over there. Thanks for that.

also, beware that the newly reintroduced Cinelli 64s don't have any grooves....
I also just noticed that Planet-X lists the clamp on the 3TTT as 25.4mm, but that may be a mistake. They should be 26mm (actually, 25.8mm), but always worth checking before ordering, especially from Planet-X. :roll:

oh, another thing to bear in mind, 3TTT measure their bars outside to outside. Not sure whether Planet-X are using 3TTT's measurements or the more common centre to centre. So what 3TTT calls 42cm is a Cinelli 40cm.

Tel":3iybjwcd said:
25.4mm though. Nice stem in 25.4mm other than Shimano?

Nitto might be worth a punt; they do some fairly niche-market stuff for the track/fixed crowd in odd sizes and the like. Don't always appear to be cheap though.

David

The Nitto bars you find in the UK don't have double grooves.
(edit: ooops, just realised you were referring to Nitto stems. A shim would be a lot cheaper; Nitto even make a very nice one.)

American Friend":1760okc9 said:
The Nitto bars you find in the UK don't have double grooves.
(edit: ooops, just realised you were referring to Nitto stems. A shim would be a lot cheaper; Nitto even make a very nice one.)

There are indeed Nitto shims. For complete stems, their Technomic & Dynamic models appear to come in 25.4 format.

David

Back