Worst component you've ever unfortunately dealt with

003.JPG

Torqueless and Shimano 600....A marriage made in hell..

I've had a fairly good run over the years but Modolo Morphos levers also , My thumbs were simply not long or strong enough to operate them successfully , and I broke an alloy mavic rear wheel axle too (what a silly idea with a freewheel) , (dis)honorouble mention goes to an Original Roval front wheel and Spinergy Rev X front wheels.

Not so much a component but bike related. I have my main work stand in the shed but no heat! So a couple of winters ago I bought a cheap stand just to use in the house occasionally.

Less than £30........but a drawing pin in the ceiling and a long elastic band would have been more stable and cheaper :LOL:

Attachments

• 2013-02-05_0858.jpg
    2013-02-05_0858.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 433
I am constantly swearing at some bike part or another. It has gotten so bad that the neighbors take their kids inside as soon as I open the Bike Garage door.

Wait I just thought of one: Installing Continental Gran Prix tires on Mavic MA-40s. Makes me want to scream just thinking about it.

Ian Raleigh":28dhlkiw said:
Modolo Kronos gear levers! Snapped in two within two month's of use.

Modolo Kronos brake levers on my lo pro, one lever arm snapped as I braked hard.

A modern Cinelli saddle! Hard as rock and killed my a*rse....gone!

Buying a modern re-make of the Turbo saddle which 'creaks' to death.

Re-equipping my modern Wilier road bike with new Campag' Veloce stuff and all the inside/outside of the allen key bolts started to rust to death.

Fitting Veloflex Record tyres to one of my bikes and puncturing, left stranded as I couldn't get one off my rim.

Buying a super light/slotted/hollow pin 10 speed chain and it snapped in three sections within a six months.

Fitting Campag' SR gear levers back on my old Raleigh, shite and always had to fiddle the lever to get the gears bang on, Put my Simplex Retro lever back on within a week...Bliss.

Hi Ian Have you still got the modolo chronos brakes? My mate had pair of those very early clip less pedals that you slid your cleat in ( think it was white plastic the cleat) and slid a little black lever over to lock, god you never would have come out of those! cinelli? and the plates were nailed on , was the early 80's though when the Russians bolted their shoes to the pedals!

Doubledee":27sdsxql said:
Hi Ian Have you still got the modolo chronos brakes? My mate had pair of those very early clip less pedals that you slid your cleat in ( think it was white plastic the cleat) and slid a little black lever over to lock, god you never would have come out of those! cinelli? and the plates were nailed on , was the early 80's though when the Russians bolted their shoes to the pedals!
The modolo brake levers are gone Matey!

A friend of mine had the Cinelli pedals very good to look at but practically they were shite, Maybe Those pedals come under 'Worst Components'

Doubledee":1ebtvu48 said:
Heehee just checked velobase nicknamed suicide or death pedals love it!
If I remember rightly they are still made but under a different name.

Who would want these type of pedals anyway? They are so dangerous.

Latest posts

Back