Gay Marriage

humans always have a funny way of screwing things up :LOL:

I am not as informed as I would like to be on this so I'll input only as far as I think I know.

My understanding is that the civil unions for all intense and purposes have the same legal definitions and benefits as "marriage" so it would seem bar the term marriage there is very little to moan about

It does seems to me that that has very little with doing the right thing but more about another attack on an easy target..christianity. it's that bastion of you must accept us wether you like it or not that is predominant within certian sections of the gay community.

gays are a club, religious people are a club and yest constantly certianly from the gay section they seem to want to make a name for themselves by going into a club then demanding someone changes the rules of the masses for the benefit of the few

There are many churches of many faiths and variations of that faith that do allow same sex marriages within their church but it seems for some the church of england is a target they want to hit no matter what the consequence is to the masses

christianity is what it is, it has it's rules..if you like those rules the choice is simple if you don't like the rules again the choice is simple

For me this is more about attacking christianity and the church than equal rights because if gay marriage is allowed by the church of england then you have trodden over the rights of the many

The principal difference between civil partnerships and marriage is international recognition.

A marriage is recognised pretty-much worldwide (for visa applications, etc.), a civil partnership is not. The two are, therefore, not equal.

nope, no evidence whatsoever other than the fact that I do. I cant explain that or justify that other than to say, for me thats how it is, the same way a gay man cant produce evidence as to why he is gay, its just something I feel (the god bit not the gay bit :) ) and I cant change that.

grahame":3b7f66bm said:
Why do you believe in God? Do you have any evidence to support this belief?

If so, declare it. Many prizes await the first one to come up with any convincing evidence for any gods.

The whole point to religion is there never will be proof, it is your undying faith in it regardless of what evidence is thrown at you that get's you into heaven that and not being homosexual.

Alison

Isaac_AG":3oy2oti8 said:
grahame":3oy2oti8 said:
Why do you believe in God? Do you have any evidence to support this belief?

If so, declare it. Many prizes await the first one to come up with any convincing evidence for any gods.

Faith.

Alison

fixed, and that will do for me.
cheers alison :D

sylus":2dgpqlb1 said:
humans always have a funny way of screwing things up :LOL:

I am not as informed as I would like to be on this so I'll input only as far as I think I know.

My understanding is that the civil unions for all intense and purposes have the same legal definitions and benefits as "marriage" so it would seem bar the term marriage there is very little to moan about

It does seems to me that that has very little with doing the right thing but more about another attack on an easy target..christianity. it's that bastion of you must accept us wether you like it or not that is predominant within certian sections of the gay community.

gays are a club, religious people are a club and yest constantly certianly from the gay section they seem to want to make a name for themselves by going into a club then demanding someone changes the rules of the masses for the benefit of the few

There are many churches of many faiths and variations of that faith that do allow same sex marriages within their church but it seems for some the church of england is a target they want to hit no matter what the consequence is to the masses

christianity is what it is, it has it's rules..if you like those rules the choice is simple if you don't like the rules again the choice is simple

For me this is more about attacking christianity and the church than equal rights because if gay marriage is allowed by the church of england then you have trodden over the rights of the many

Is having women priests and bishops also an attack on christian? If being gay is a club then so is being straight, they are both lifestyles that neither has a choice about belonging to. I don't think it's an attack on Christianity, just like feminism never was it's just an equal rights issue.

Alison

''gays are a club''..........no their not their people with a same sex attraction.........there are activist groups though like many subject matters and rights.......old people are not a club, but they are allowed to fight for their rights.........

Hey not to get too cosmic or anything, but the universe(s) is/are big enough of a head fu*k without someone saying there is a wizard of oz pulling all the levers........

There is a massive universe out there and we are a tiny speck with a massive ego to think that a god must be like a human (that's mans ego that invented we were made in the image of a god)......could be salamanders or dolphins ;) ....hey we have hardly been here any time at all compared to other animals an already we think we're the bees knees with our coca cola and rubbish tips....... :|

So it's the church's fault other countries won't accept visa applications as a couple..damm church does everything wrong

Alison it is very much not an equality thing. most of the church of England do not approve same sex partnerships being recognised as the term marriage but if it does happen.. how many same sex marriages will take place? I'm guessing not very many in relation to the amount of marrriages that take place

so what is being promoted is "yay we should all be equal" but to do so will trample over the rights of the many for wants of the few. So where some say equality... what you will have done is removed the rights of those who through faith have had that belief taken away

equality is never equal, where it has swung is that the majority used to decide but we seem to now listen to the vocal minority than the silent majority because when the silent majority do speak..they are told they are being homophobic/racist/ageist/sexist etc

Back