My winter and summer Gazelles

Jones

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
The sun almost came out today and as I was finally shifting these to the new house I took the opportunity to get a couple of pics :)

First up my trusty winter bike, its usually got mudguards on but I've taken the silver ones off to change them for black ones.

am41_zps1ca24867.jpg

am42_zpsc0f05647.jpg

am43_zpsa744815a.jpg

am44_zpsc9c0d32b.jpg

Next up is what will eventually be my summer bike, I know its not period correct but I had the groupset here and it seemed daft not to use it ;)

am48_zps8fd6c244.jpg

am46_zps220fdc22.jpg

am47_zpsf8ca2fb8.jpg

nice Gazelles, good honest bikes me thinks, but why did you route the brake cables in front of the handlebars rather than behind them? :eek:

Both of those are handsome but I love the first one - any pictures of it with the silver mudguards on?

Jones":3syc5tg5 said:
First up my trusty winter bike,
Prove it! Were is all the crap or do you wash it down on every trip out :shock:

American Friend":3syc5tg5 said:
why did you route the brake cables in front of the handlebars rather than behind them? :eek:
I used to do that!

You can come off the levers and ride on the tops of the bars more quickly and comfortably as the cables are out of the way!

Rich34":21n50oim said:
Both of those are handsome but I love the first one - any pictures of it with the silver mudguards on?

+1. It's got that classically elegant look going on, I'd love to see more of this little lovely.

Ian Raleigh":1j9thq2s said:
Jones":1j9thq2s said:
First up my trusty winter bike,
Prove it! Were is all the crap or do you wash it down on every trip out :shock:

It has just been stripped down and cleaned as it was covered in crap :LOL: plus new saddle adds to the illusion that its really clean ;)

Its my shove in a bike bag and take with me all over the world working bike, I bet it does more air miles than a pros bike :LOL: and its done 2033 miles since June ;)

Two very nice bikes. I see an A-frame and an AB I think. I am particularly like the 1st bike. It would be my all year round bike. Two other posters brought up the routing and personally I would opt for cotton tape and black valve caps.

Black valve caps? Yes, a kindred spirit. :LOL: The first bike is really lovely.
I'd also replace the rear mech black cable outer with the right length steel outer or at least shorten the black outer slighty. :) But that's just me. :roll:

Nice bikes Steve :D
Can't wait to get my road frame back on friday :D I should have a summer bike built up just in time for the summer :LOL: :LOL:
Is the front tyre seated ok near the valve, looks a bit puckered?

I think the summer bike looks awesome! Love the choice of groupset too! Very difficult to get your hands on a nice one of those.

Back