Welcome Back - Retrobike software update complete :)

Yesterday was a really bad day for my Nokia N8 and it was almost on it's way out of the window, but today the new mobile layout works great with the Nokia and no more frozen scrolling. Thanks for helping me get through the next few weeks before my upgrade.
took me a few minutes to find the pm function though, doh :facepalm: .

Still no worries here, all shipshape after a good poke around on the mobile version ... it's definitely growing on me!

Same two tweaks mentioned above would be great if they're possible; mini avatars and on the right hand side. But no biggy. Obvious page numbers would be a definite bonus though.

Keep up the good work! :D

I don't do a lot of mobile browsing but the new mobile version works really well on my ageing blackberry 9105... Even with the much maligned (but really OK) default browser.

Only issue I can see is that in a multiple page thread the only way to move to the next page is to return to the forum index and select it there...

Think I'm done for the day.

Was able to reproduce the issue of now link to 'show full style' on a mobile browser. Think I've fixed that but now always seem to see 'Switch to mobile style' on desktop chrome only. Anyone else seeing this?

ajm":2r2q9khd said:
I don't do a lot of mobile browsing but the new mobile version works really well on my ageing blackberry 9105... Even with the much maligned (but really OK) default browser.

Only issue I can see is that in a multiple page thread the only way to move to the next page is to return to the forum index and select it there...

Look for the hash in the bottom right hand corner, it should bring up a list of page options...

elPedro666":1bld2zps said:
Look for the hash in the bottom right hand corner, it should bring up a list of page options...

Hmm, strange... I tried that before and nothing at all happened, with the hash at the top or bottom of the page. I tried it just now before replying and it worked fine! No complaints from me then!

FluffyChicken":2wjf91kj said:
It does need a way to make it more obvious there is more than one page, having to actually look and see if there are or what page you are on is very annoying and not user friendly.

Assume you mean lack of obvious page number on the thread view?
Yes, add the page boxes to the top and bottom as in the desktop and old skin.

FluffyChicken":2wjf91kj said:
Add the Post Thread opener Username to the thread overview section, currently you don't know who started the topic and makes idle browsing and post skipping hard.

In the forum view I assume?
Viewforum template, so yes.

'new post search' does show topic owner though

I would have thought left aligning the username as mentioned in actual post view as other have mentioned would clutter the right hand side., I've got used to it now. I assume avatars are not in the original skin to reduce data use.

Like the mobile version on my phone, for obvious reasons, but a bit too busy for the PlayBook...

...impressive how it instantly changes to the full version as soon as you hit the button though :cool:

Phone version looks good, still getting used to it, would have like to seen it go down the Tapatalk route, seems to be very busy as it is at the moment, buttons are small, have found myself going back to the Full Site format on a few occasions, but thats just me (I am using an iphone5)

I use Tapatalk for a few forums and love how slick it is and easy to use with all needed icons on the top of bottom of the screen.

But on the whole very good and getting used to it slowly :) Well done John & co.

Back