Welcome Back - Retrobike software update complete :)

No no no no don't like the mobile version and its not letting me switch back :( :(

EDIT! Delete board cookies and return to home page, then show the switch back deeley!! :D
All.... iiiiiiiiss ......... wweeeeeeeell

after a few days of not really liking the, mobile/tablet version, I'm hooked. it is so much easier to use once you get your head around it.

It does need a way to make it more obvious there is more than one page, having to actually look and see if there are or what page you are on is very annoying and not user friendly.

Add the Post Thread opener Username to the thread overview section, currently you don't know who started the topic and makes idle browsing and post skipping hard.

I deleted cookies and it logs me out. As soon as I log back in it goes back to mobile. If I click mobile style or full style it looks the same. Im on a galaxy s3

Logged on with my iPhone and think the mobile version is great, really liking it and works perfectly, very user friendly IMO. Of course now I need to find my way round here too :)

Logic.Al":aq6l6lak said:
I just got a link to index

You need to delete your cache. Also you had the mobile selected as your default so this would explain what you'd seen.

If it still does this can you supply more details. Tried it on various Android devices here and been unable to reproduce your issue although as stated above suspect it's due to selecting the style as default.

Easy_Rider":aq6l6lak said:
Getting used to the mobile version, works perfectly on my iPhone. Only drawback for me is quickly recognising other members without their avatar picture, other than that I'll stick with it and see how I get on.

Once again great job John, you must have had a few late nights recently!

Good stuff Gav :)

GT-Steve":aq6l6lak said:
I've been more than happy with the new site, and still am. I prefer it now, to how it was, and I think a few tweeks from vox populae feedback will nail it.

Can't be easy for you to iron out all the changeover gremlins, so big respect and many thanks from me. (smiley face cool)

Good stuff, feedback is always good.

toomanyframes":aq6l6lak said:
No no no no don't like the mobile version and its not letting me switch back :( :(

Please don't sit on the fence.

FluffyChicken":aq6l6lak said:
after a few days of not really liking the, mobile/tablet version, I'm hooked. it is so much easier to use once you get your head around it.

Yes, trying to do the same also.

It does need a way to make it more obvious there is more than one page, having to actually look and see if there are or what page you are on is very annoying and not user friendly.

Assume you mean lack of obvious page number on the thread view?

Add the Post Thread opener Username to the thread overview section, currently you don't know who started the topic and makes idle browsing and post skipping hard.

In the forum view I assume?

Can someone who is using a desktop confirm they don't see the 'Switch to mobile style' text?

i really like the mobile site, much easier to use from the phone (android). will try from an ipod later.

Mobile view needs thread starters name and the option to move to the next page....

Give me something to do while I do the 10pm feed!

Mobile version working great on :
- HTC Desire on InsertCoin 1.1.3 ROM, running Webkit, Dolphin and Chrome browser.
- HTC One X+ on stock ROM (Android 4.1.1), running Webkit browser.

Few minor remarks though :

- On the bottom right corner, there's a settings button that doesn't respond. long-pressing it gives my browser's usual menu, but with "javascript:void(0)" as link title.

- main forum index : While the number of topics and replies may be a nice statistic on a PC, in the mobile version it's just a waste of screen estate.

- in threads : I second the notion that it's sometimes difficult without avatars. Having the name on the right-hand side doesn't help either.
Perhaps it would help to put the name on the left, with a smaller version of the avatar? Like the current left column on the PC, but with slightly less info perhaps.

Just my £0.02 , and I know I'm really nitpicking in the last 2 cases.

Mobile version kicked in mid-thread this afternoon...

...Wow! How much better is that! :D

Blackberry Storm btw; and the 'Switch to Mobile' doesn't show on my desktop PC either.

Back