Welcome Back - Retrobike software update complete :)

To me the only negative is that there is such a difference between the mobile and normal version .
The mobile version is not very user friendly on a bigger device .
On the old model , it was fairly similar .

The ideal solution would be for the forum to recognize when i am on mobile and when i am on laptop .

Or maybe an easy switch from one to the other :?:

Apart from that it is all good .

I have the new blackberry z10 and it is working great .

Mobile style is now fully setup.

Site should now detect mobile or desktop browser and select correct style. Tested it on the limited number of devices here and seems to work OK.

As ever feedback would be great, esp if you are using a Apple or Windows Mobile device.

No worries so far on Android and it obviously fixes my text wrap issues ... will stick with it for a while but I'm not 100% I don't prefer the full version.

Need to give it some more time though, will report back if anything crops up :cool:

Is there anyway of switching off the mobile detection?

It changed about an hour ago and I prefer the classic site displayed on my iPhone... :(

Good to see the sad face smilies are working OK.

Updated the mobile code slightly to always show the 'switch to full style' button on every page footer on the mobile template. Once you've selected the full style it should be remembered on your device.

Getting used to the mobile version, works perfectly on my iPhone. Only drawback for me is quickly recognising other members without their avatar picture, other than that I'll stick with it and see how I get on.

Once again great job John, you must have had a few late nights recently!

Logic.Al":2zkcvekq said:
I just got a link to index
You might have to refresh you browser and clear cache. You should see the full site button above he footer on every mobile page.

John":3h630aiq said:
Good to see the sad face smilies are working OK.

I had to type my smiley in by hand, john. It's just not on... (joke)

I've been more than happy with the new site, and still am. I prefer it now, to how it was, and I think a few tweeks from vox populae feedback will nail it.

Can't be easy for you to iron out all the changeover gremlins, so big respect and many thanks from me. (smiley face cool)

Back