More modern carbon - found my Mojo :)

speedplay":21xb9uyr said:
So are you bringing that on the Exmoor weekend...?

I've got a rock guard on the Whyte and so glad I fitted it as it seems that the brake hose has worn right through it but hasnt touched the frame :)
Although, there may be bigger problems as I think I may have cracked the bottom Bracket shell....

Yep, if I come ;)

Nightmare :shock: How did you crack it? Surely its covered under warranty though?

1210tech":69xnnu2v said:
speedplay":69xnnu2v said:

I've got a rock guard on the Whyte and so glad I fitted it as it seems that the brake hose has worn right through it but hasnt touched the frame :)
Although, there may be bigger problems as I think I may have cracked the bottom Bracket shell....

Yep, if I come ;)

Nightmare :shock: How did you crack it? Surely its covered under warranty though?

Not sure if its just the paint cracked but its going in for one of its free safety checks this week anyway.

I noticed it this weekend after the cannock ride with DMC.

speedplay":2r5hj82k said:
1210tech":2r5hj82k said:
speedplay":2r5hj82k said:

Yep, if I come ;)

Not sure if its just the paint cracked but its going in for one of its free safety checks this week anyway.

I noticed it this weekend after the cannock ride with DMC.
Hope they sort it whatever has happened.
That is one of the reasons I decided to buy new instead of 2nd hand, Ibis do a 3 year warranty on the Mojo ;)

1210tech":3lgmhvdj said:
Hope they sort it whatever has happened.
That is one of the reasons I decided to buy new instead of 2nd hand, Ibis do a 3 year warranty on the Mojo ;)

ATB Sales seem have a really good reputation with their aftersales and I have heard about cracks in the paint on painted and laquered carbon frames in the past.

I bought the 2 whytes new because of the 5 year cover on their frames... ;)

Finally got round to fitting the rest of the bits of the 2x10 kit, XT M786 Shadow Plus rear mech & XT M786 2x10 front mech all driven by a lovely KMC X10L Gold chain and at the same time swapped the stem for the same model but shorter in length.

Now just need to find time to give it a proper work out, hopefully next week :cool:

8478752194_6feb2a1c37_z.jpg

8478874992_15a39ed74f_z.jpg

8477785825_87570e1679_z.jpg

8477790963_4f6794cddf_z.jpg

8477794185_214843070b_c.jpg

gosh - that is so clean. what travel is the fork? ibis recommend 140 mm on the SL and 160 mm on HD frames, if memory serves me well,.

02gf74":gfr3x9pw said:
gosh - that is so clean. what travel is the fork? ibis recommend 140 mm on the SL and 160 mm on HD frames, if memory serves me well,.
Can't wait to get out and get it dirty :D

The fork is 150mm travel but when loaded with sag rides more like a 140/130mm fork. Ibis recommend anything from 130 to 160mm fork ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-16 at 20.01.50.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-16 at 20.01.50.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 496
ok, must have misread rear travel for fork travel. :oops: is yours medium or large frame (looks like L) ? and have you had it on the scales? you running 180/160 discs?

i have one piece of carbon fibre goodness left to get before i'll post up mine. :?

Mines a medium, 17". Stood it on the bathroom scales after I first fitted the Pace forks but haven't weighed it since fitting the XT kit.
I want to get a set of good digital scales, can u recommend any?

Get that last piece of carbon bought then ;)

Back