1979 Carlton Professional restoration thread

Captain Vimes":3e4kiw8b said:
Midlife":3e4kiw8b said:
Nice colour :)

Why is there a fork decal on the head tube?

Shaun

I have the 531 decals on the forks and just thought the headtube needed something more colourful than just the Carlton badge. I have put the other one at the base of the seat tube! :D

Personally I would not have done this. It looks fine though and its your machine. Look forward to seeing the completed build.

P7300763.jpg

Headset fitted properly this morning and a set of wheels thrown on for the pics! Beginning to get a feel for the final look.

That's it until next weekend now, work to do... :(

CIMG7762_zpsd45d9721.jpg

CIMG7763_zps0f8121f8.jpg

Vimes :cool:

FINISHED!

Here she is. Light was fading, so just a few quick photo's.

I'll take some better ones tomorrow.

Still need to tune the gears and align the brakes properly so no ride report, but I have next week off so should get out for a ride or two then.

Only problem is I enjoyed building this so much I want to do another one now! :mrgreen:

CIMG7784_zps5ecca9be.jpg

CIMG7783_zps0d4575d2.jpg

CIMG7785_zps4667930f.jpg

CIMG7788_zps2497c20a.jpg

CIMG7789_zps17cc4ac5.jpg

CIMG7794_zps5baec95f.jpg

CIMG7792_zpsc013746d.jpg

CIMG7791_zpsef1a3efc.jpg

Lovely Job there. I love following these restoration projects.
I've just ordered a Charge Spoon Saddle in Brown for my Orange P7 MTB :D

Lovely build, bike is beautiful and very classy. Always loved the Arabesque groupset, fits perfectly in there.

As above, loving all the Arabesque!

One small point, you really should have the rear QR the other way round, i.e. lever on the non drive side.

Any ideas on the next project?

Ralph_the_Rohan":2ncezgn2 said:
As above, loving all the Arabesque!

One small point, you really should have the rear QR the other way round, i.e. lever on the non drive side.

Any ideas on the next project?

I knew something was wrong when I took the picture! Will be sorted shortly.

Thanks for he positive coments.

I have another Carlton frame on the way! Not sure what type yet, early 1970's I think with nice lugs. Will post it up here when it arrives.

Quality. As per previous comments, QRs always go on the left when viewed from the riding position.

Back