Yeti Pro Fro project

I think I am almost there. Need the missing black Ringle QR for the wheel. Some crank caps would be nice. Haven't actually confirmed that I have a BB that fits those cranks but I hope I have something in 73mm that will be right. Plan to find a Flite saddle at the swap meet this weekend (Cascade swap meet biggest and best annual swap around here every year) . I have a fresh titanium Avocet that is proper for the build but don't really like the way it looks. A black Ringle water bottle cage would be great but I have one I can borrow off another bike until one shows up for the right price. Haven't decided on black or purple Hyperlite. Depends on what my son chooses. If black the one I have has been trimmed narrow so I will keep my eye out this weekend for a different one.

That said we are close. All the difficult stuff is there. Nothing close to a catalog build but certainly era correct. Kept my son in line with the proper era and let him pick and choose. Wasn't going that direction but it may end up being a Shiman-no build.

Ductape":2vzvgjy1 said:
I think I am almost there. Need the missing black Ringle QR for the wheel. Some crank caps would be nice. Haven't actually confirmed that I have a BB that fits those cranks but I hope I have something in 73mm that will be right. Plan to find a Flite saddle at the swap meet this weekend (Cascade swap meet biggest and best annual swap around here every year) . I have a fresh titanium Avocet that is proper for the build but don't really like the way it looks. A black Ringle water bottle cage would be great but I have one I can borrow off another bike until one shows up for the right price. Haven't decided on black or purple Hyperlite. Depends on what my son chooses. If black the one I have has been trimmed narrow so I will keep my eye out this weekend for a different one.

That said we are close. All the difficult stuff is there. Nothing close to a catalog build but certainly era correct. Kept my son in line with the proper era and let him pick and choose. Wasn't going that direction but it may end up being a Shiman-no build.

Drop me a line I may have some of that stuff

Ductape":3qutz44r said:

I like purple on Yetis of that era. Purple Hyperlites and purple Ringle cage. IMO

Ductape":56ufe4ze said:
I am blessed. FTW took the time to make my son a custom stem for this project.
Too old for the frame, or too new? you get to decide. I think it is perfect.
Pretty awesome and certainly the coolest part of the bike.

Check this out:

http://www.frankthewelder.com/?p=678

Thank you Frank!

very awesome to have him build one of those for you! onya frank!

Very cool project, I look forward to seeing the final outcome. I hope my daughter wants to get involved with a project like that when she's in her teens :)

DSC_0116-1.jpg

Back