More modern carbon - found my Mojo :)

Re: More modern carbon

GT-Steve":2xg6558g said:
very very nice, in each of it's guises, but the most recent for me is the nicest..

Top work. Must look more at the one my LBS has just put in their sale... :cool:
Cheers :) after you've looked it at some more get out on one and ride it in anger, you will be straight back to your LBS to buy it ;)

Fudd":2xg6558g said:
Nice build :cool: :cool: :cool:

You should consider investing in a Frameskin kit to protect it - http://frameskin.com.au/product.php?id_product=11
Cheers :) already got a frameskin kit, got the mk4 Kit in the matte film, just need to fit it, Santa brought me one and one of these too: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MTB-Carbon-Fi ... 0827419768

Anyone else buying a frameskin kit though, make sure you ask them to mark it as a gift or put the value under $20, got stung for import duty ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I was having a good look at one in Leisure Lakes yesterday whilst picking up my road bike.

They're even nicer in the flesh. I've seen them out on the trail but never really looked at one really closely... I think it's fair to say that pictures don't really do them justice.

Mindmap3":2cumwm02 said:
I was having a good look at one in Leisure Lakes yesterday whilst picking up my road bike.

They're even nicer in the flesh. I've seen them out on the trail but never really looked at one really closely... I think it's fair to say that pictures don't really do them justice.
Totally, nothing ever looks as good in a photo as it does in the flesh ;)

Fitted the Frameskin kit this morning, it went better than I was expecting although some of the cuts done by the plotter didn't go all the way through the film which almost caused a couple of issues but a little bit of patience goes a long way ;)
I used a spray bottle with a very weak mix of washing-up liquid to wet the area of the frame I was applying the film too, helps to move it if its not quite lined up right and Frameskin supply a spudger to chase the air bubbles out.
So glad I went for the Matte kit, you hardly notice the film once its on :cool:

8444938242_a7cb8119d3.jpg

Top tube before & after, film is fitted between the cable routing lugs
8443849059_56aa6d45c5.jpg
8444936420_f84accf46f.jpg

8443847141_1e064c4c86_z.jpg

8444029293_f031242225_z.jpg

8444934774_84fcca80d2.jpg
8443845225_b35647525e.jpg

8443842397_49cfc2e93d.jpg
8444930008_17b33ee254.jpg

8444931836_efe3861a6e_z.jpg

The frame skin seems to be quite subtle and a worthy addition..being nosey..for your bike what did it cost to skin it?

And the Rock Guardz downtube protector fitted over the film. Its gloss finish but looks pretty good and the direction of the weave almost matches the frame exactly :cool:

8444030551_db5d35a7ec_z.jpg

sylus":g2lgfscq said:
The frame skin seems to be quite subtle and a worthy addition..being nosey..for your bike what did it cost to skin it?
The kit I went for is the Mojo SL MK4 Ultra Matte kit, http://frameskin.com.au/product.php?id_product=114, at 92AU$ + 18.50AU$ P&P which works out to £73.18 but then I got stung another £5.19 for VAT on top of that because they marked its value over £15 or didn't mark it as a 'gift', plus Royal Mail charged me £8.00 handling fees (robbing basterds) :(

I sent an email to Frameskin informing them about the charges and telling them to send future orders into the UK as a 'gift' or put the value under £15 so if you order from them make you mention this on your order to hopefully beat HMRC ;)

Thats a lovely looking bike you've got going on here :mrgreen:

I've fancied a Mojo for a while now, and in the same bare carbon incarnation as yours. How do the Fighter forks work out in comparison to what you've ridden before? I've the updated ones from DT Swiss (XMM 140's) which are absolutely awesomeness...

Chugnuts":30kx76zp said:
Thats a lovely looking bike you've got going on here :mrgreen:

I've fancied a Mojo for a while now, and in the same bare carbon incarnation as yours. How do the Fighter forks work out in comparison to what you've ridden before? I've the updated ones from DT Swiss (XMM 140's) which are absolutely awesomeness...

Cheers, I'm so chuffed with it, can't wait to get it all finished and get out on it :cool:

The Fighters feel pretty much the same as the RC39's on my RC300 although they are longer travel, its the same nice and smooth movement. Originally, It was DT Swiss EXC 130's that I was going to go for on the Mojo but then the Fighters came up and I'm such a sucker when it comes to Pace goodies :D

So are you bringing that on the Exmoor weekend...?

I've got a rock guard on the Whyte and so glad I fitted it as it seems that the brake hose has worn right through it but hasnt touched the frame :)
Although, there may be bigger problems as I think I may have cracked the bottom Bracket shell....

Back