WANTED: Mechanically Sound Commuter Bicycle

RustyGold

Senior Retro Guru
Greetings, my fellow RetroBiker's.

I once again come before you with a commuting crisis on my hands. Whilst I have been slowly acquiring cycling gear to commute/ride in, via my wanted advert (thank you to all who have help me thus far) I have been fighting a losing battle with my sole bicycle. I've come to the realisation that I would have to spend a great deal more money than I can get my hands on to continue to make it roadworthy. It just isn't worth the expenditure, it would would nuts! :). I direly need to have a bicycle in my life, it's my only mode of transport and my stress relief and at the moment and there's just nothing available locally.

It's for these reasons that I've decided to post up a wanted ad and see what people had out there. I am very, very cash strapped at the moment so the cheaper the better, please :). I'd be looking to spend around the £100 *delivered* mark, if at all possible. I know this is pushing it somewhat but I'm really out of options.

I'm open to any offers, or any suggestions, but I do have a few bits of criteria that I cannot forgo:

Help!":3jc18gr1 said:
» It has to be Mechanically Fine -- I don't have the money or the tools to be able to take on a restoration project...much less the skills :LOL:.
» Medium Frame Size (17.5/18" *around there*)
» Ideally Fully Rigid
» Lastly, it must have Pannier Rack Eyelets.

Thanking you once more, my fellow RetroFanciers.

James.

Are you really sure that the old one is dead, can't think of much we couldn't fix for £100 - built whole bikes for that ;) what's up with it?

Eyes are peeled for anything appropriate anyway...

I have a moddy fox mountaineer 2000. mechanically sound as its just had a rebuild as a fixie. I still have all the running gear to return it to its originally spec...
yours for £100 can send photos

Back