A spare afternoon in London.....

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I may have a spare afternoon in central London in a few weeks and will probably look to visit a couple of bike shops if time allows. In addition to Mosquito and Condor, are there any others I should be considering?

lookmumnohands is a great little cafe/shop, more for the cafe though i think.

maybe brick lane bikes, i've never been there but looking at pics from inside the shop and it looks like a second hand emporium! also it's pretty central.

i think condor is a good shop but also quite uninspiring, very modern throughout, designed to get the money out of your wallet, the bike show room is downstairs and will be more interesting than the upstairs unless you're looking for parts and clothes.

I thought condor was to hipster for my tastes and for extreme hipster it has to be tokyo fixed, specialized concept in covent garden was a drool fest and you could always pay a visit to fudges on the harrow road where I worked for many years.

Brixton Bikes.

De Ver cycles (if only to meet the charming, and very modest Maurice Burton).

grahame":nl3idp3i said:
Brixton Bikes.

De Ver cycles (if only to meet the charming, and very modest Maurice Burton).
definitely brixton bikes, totally forgot about this legendary place and while your there camberwell cycles for any bmx fix you might need. (well they were bmx in the 90's)

I'd have thought LMNH would've been right up your street Ed. Condor has plenty of Rapha base layers for you to sniff.

Otherwise I believe the Natural History Museum has a fine selection of Dinosaurs.

John":1tw0gxgf said:
Otherwise I believe the Natural History Museum has a fine selection of Dinosaurs.

On the subject of South Ken, I'm now trying to recall if the Science Museum has much that is bike-related....

David

Chute55uk":wj9xozbj said:
I thought condor was to hipster for my tastes
Condor sold out to the Bankers and Dentists years ago. That place ain't been hip for a long time :LOL:

Back