New Proflex 656

alpinestar222

Devout Dirtbag
Arrived today, looking at tidying up and enjoying this summer :)
Initial thoughts are to powder coat the rear triangle leaving the Red as it's nice and original. Not sure about the vee's they might go and I prefer a flat bar up front. Impressed with the feel, looking forward to taking it for a proper ride. The Girvins work well too. I'm curious if they were once yellow as there are some traces in the pivot housings?
Cheers to Clockworkgazz for a fast delivery.
Pic in gallery

Nice, always liked Pro-Flex's :cool:

Oh, and heres your bike, just made it easier for people to see ;)

Attachments

• pf.JPG
    pf.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,878
proflex

Thanks,

Funnily enough I wasn't a big fan in the 90's, as I was into the light weight thing, so they didn't fit my criteria at the time. Now I love them, particularly with the Vectors.
I gave it a really good service yesterday and now it's nice and smooth. I'll strip the forks and see how they look polised up or I may get them coated to match the rear? I like the combo of Oversized alloy main tubes with the skinny cro-mo swing-arm bars.
Not going to go mad but a few little touches will bring it back to life I think.
Definitely some Paint at the rear, a nice set of cantis and some flat bars should be a start. Probably look out for some suitable Mavics after that, but all in good time :)

Looks great, cleaner than I ever had it :oops:

Looking forward to your first report offroad, loved the ride of the 656, really tight and great on the downhill, not to soft and a good bit of front suspension.

Thanks for taking such good care of her. :cool:

I must admit I'm a sucker for polished ally and I think yellow could be a bit too gawdy front and rear.
Just resolved the headset pre-load dlema. :idea:
Removed the split pin that blocks the steerer tube preventing use of a headlock system. Then acquired some 6mm stainless threaded rod and some nuts.
Adapting the old conical nut off the previously fitted Headlock
and using a suitable top cap we now have nicely pre-loaded headset bearings. Good Temporary fix but will get something better in time.
Not ridden properly yet as I'm suffering with man flu and had a few days off work but hope to give it a run at the weekend :D

Had a maiden voyage on some nice rooty singletrack, pedals and tracks really well. Very balanced bike, like it.
I'll get that Hammerite off the forks at the weekend and see how they look shiny :cool:

Back