Castellano Fango

Great bike!

Love the orange Paul Brakes from the K.I.S.S. groupset, very cool :cool:

Cheers
Stu

stu":3i8sn7z8 said:
Love the orange Paul Brakes from the K.I.S.S. groupset, very cool :cool:
I just own the brakes, not the hubs... And the brakes weren't complete when I bought them from friend. But it's true, they are perfect for this bike even if I prefer Arch Supreme :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for posting these pics. I desperately want a Silk Ti but wonder if I'll ever be able to afford one - and also haven't seen a second hand one crop up for a long time. Getting a new Silk Ti over to the UK is hideously expensive - although well worth it I'm sure. But looking at these pics though I'm starting to think that a Fango would be an excellent idea at something like a third of the price.

It's nice to see some detailed shots of the Fango and love you component choice too - those brakes are awesome! I'm sure it must be an incredible bike to ride.

nausea":3r5qalm0 said:
Thanks for posting these pics. I desperately want a Silk Ti but wonder if I'll ever be able to afford one - and also haven't seen a second hand one crop up for a long time. Getting a new Silk Ti over to the UK is hideously expensive - although well worth it I'm sure. But looking at these pics though I'm starting to think that a Fango would be an excellent idea at something like a third of the price.

It's nice to see some detailed shots of the Fango and love you component choice too - those brakes are awesome! I'm sure it must be an incredible bike to ride.
I want a Silk Ti too... There is 2 - 3 coming every year on eBay... I will try this year to get one. It's really a fantastic bike!

The brakes look great, but for urgent braking :roll: :roll: :roll:
My problem is I usually brake very late and for sure a set of Arch Supreme will be better than the Paul... but the look :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let's continue the build thread...

These are the first pics before a small ride to try it...

It rides very well, I love it, the "rear suspension" is fantastic compared to others softails :cool: :cool: :cool:

As I said previously, I was for me the first time I could use Paul brakes... They are nice but concerning brake performance, the Arch Supreme are far better... Anyway the bike will be use for XC riding on small singletracks and not on long downhill as I also have around me!

Small Change to foresee concerning tires ... I find them beautiful, but not practical during this period to ride ... It is a bit too Holiday on Ice. And also, in the back side, the Race King is really going to close so not much possibility to adjust the shock preload.

I'll go for a set of IRC Mythos!!!

Brad":2skfdyyh said:
I want a Silk Ti too... There is 2 - 3 coming every year on eBay... I will try this year to get one. It's really a fantastic bike!

:LOL: I must be careful - it sounds like we could end up in a bidding war against each other one day! :LOL:

Liked looking at your new pics. These are the first really detailed pics of the Fango I have seen - hardly any good pics elsewhere on the web so thanks again.

Very tempted now just to get a Fango, build it up and then upgrade to a Silk Ti at a later date. Very nearly bought a Dean ti soft tail off ebay recently but resisted temptation as I really think the flat plate chainstays and elastomer shock are a much better option.

novekili":29fzd2zm said:
Why have you changed the tires?????
I explained it further up! It's a matter of tire clearance!!! Even if I like the Race King :cry: :cry: :cry:

Back